Create Objective Mid-Mission

1. 9 years ago

Hi, I have a pretty complex mission based around ALiVE, and as part of that you can create and build FOB's. So I was wondering if there was a way to create an OPCOM objective on the fly, so that you can play a bit of base defence mid-mission.

Thanks for a great mod though!

2. You can use C21STAR to "generate" a mission and choose the enemy faction to be attacking your desired objective. You can have ALiVE generate the objective for you by choosing near, medium, far distance or you can select a spot on the map.

3. ARJay

17 Oct 2014 Administrator

Yep you sure can:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Add_a_Custom_OPCOM_Objective

4. Awesome, thanks guys!

5. Hi, is there a way to set the priority for this? There doesn't seem to be in the parsed params :/

6. Edited 9 years ago by TrEuDaT

Sup Spencer42,

Check out the ALiVE wiki and under the OPCOM page, you'll find the following instruction...

"...Additionally, advanced editors can place a location gamelogic of any type on the map and sync it to the OPCOM module(s). Optionally put in init field of the gamelogic:

this setvariable ["size",150]; this setvariable ["priority", 500];

This worked for me.

In the mission editor, under place unit, put down a gamelogic, select "location", then put the above line in activation window. You can change 150 to whatever size you choose. You can change 500 to set the OPCOM priority where 999 is highest, 1 is lowest.

Dont forget to sync the gamelogic to your OPCOM or OPCOMs assuming you want the OPFOR virtual general to know about it.

Hope this helps.

or Sign Up to reply!