seg faults on linux.

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

Just wondering if anyone else has a lot of seg fault issues.

Running a fairly tame mission atm and getting the server crashing a lot.

Have kind of conceeded that it needs a windows server anyhow because of persistence, so will be changing, just wondering if i'll be changing my luck or not.

Edit: Finally got the FPS running, seems odd... was like 10-15 until someone actually joined into the game then shot up to 47... I don't know what a "good FPS" is for a server though.

2. I'm running Linux server myself and have never experienced this problem.
    Do you have any logs ?

3. Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

You mean the output from the server command, I don't see any logfiles that it produces per se.

Sorry kinda new at running it dedicated.

4. Yes. It's the console logs.
    You should find them in ~/.local/share/Arma 3/

5. Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

Ah, I'm just running it from my home directory, not quite so organised yet.
    I should probably start piping it somewhere.

HERE it is.

I honestly couldn't find anything that stands out, certainly nothing that has repeated. It always seems to die at some random point, nothing stands out or I'd change whatever it was ;)

I was actually kind of ready to blame BIS :)

6. Could actually be BIS...
    Did you try running it without any mods at all ?
    If not able to reproduce, then enable one mod at a time until it segfaults again.

7. Changed over to windows, will see how this goes. Be interesting if it's crashing ;)

I'm not imaginative/talented enough with the black art of BIS scripting yet to make it crash - pretty sure ;)

8. Just on this, turned box into windows, ran server up on it. 1000 times better and hasn't crashed once.

or Sign Up to reply!