ALiVE Military Placement Custom Objectives Module w/ RHS multi-faction setup

1. 8 years ago

How can I make the ALiVE Military Placment Custom Objectives module work with RHS factions correctly, when I use multiple factions on the friendly side?

I've setup the map of Zargabad in the EAST with a BLUFOR_1 TAOR marker around the military objective in that particular map there. Within that marker, I have placed an ALiVE Military Placement Military Objectives module, configured to spawn, for example, rhs_faction_usarmy_d. When placing an ALiVE Military Placement Custom Objectives module in that same TAOR marker with, for example, the rhs_faction_usmc_d, my C2ISTAR always auto-generates tasks for the faction my player is in (rhs_faction_usarmy_d), to take this additional base with the Custom Objective, but there are no enemies there, just the other friendly faction.

When I let my custom objective spawn 3 infantry groups, my AI commander seems to pick them up.. i.e. after a while they move out having waypoints that I didn't set myself, which are clearly in enemy territory. Also the units of the MCs and the ARMY units do not fight each other and seem to consider each other to be friendly.

I guess this might be either a bug/non-implemented part of RHS/ALiVE, or something related to C2ISTAR. Apparently the additional USMC base within the custom military objective close to the actual military objective I placed is just not fully recognized as friendly. Unfortunatly I didn't dig deeper into this, yet, whether I might have set it up incorrectly.

My AI commander commands ["rhs_faction_usarmy_d","rhs_faction_usmc_d"], while I have to put these names without quotes and brackets into the matching fields of the respective placement modules.

Currently a few things come to my mind on how I could furtherly try to debug this.. for example giving the additional base the same faction as the Military Placement Military Objectives module. However, it might be well known, already, what I'm experiencing here.

Any pointers to this topic are greatly welcome, as before my previous search didn't turn up with good results. Big thank you to the developers of ALiVE - I'm deeply impressed on the value added to the vanilla game by your great work. I love it.

or Sign Up to reply!