Setting up a DeadZone

1. 9 years ago

I am making up a campaign that will consist of multiple missions. Each mission you are to "capture" towns or areas of interest. Is there a function where I can make a deadzone so that alive doesn't spawn enemies at? Like, if the allies capture a random town, can I put a zone over it so that alive doesn't spawn at it and yet have ally ai spawn there?

2. ARJay

5 Nov 2014 Administrator

Interesting question, you can't define no-go areas once the game is running, but you might be able to tell OPCOM to ignore an objective once captured. As for populating with friendly units you could use code to request a logistics convoy or something to come and defend the objective. I'll send you a script snippet if you are able to script your mission?

3. After re-reading my question, I think I could've explained it better. Each time an objective is captured, the mission ends. Then I start a new one with that objective captured but a clean map. I don't want to put ally AI in certain objectives but I also don't want alive to spawn enemies in there. Anywhere around that? There's no module that does, mark an area where alive will leave alone? If not, maybe think about adding one?

4. ARJay

6 Nov 2014 Administrator

If you are loading different mission each time you should be able to define blacklists where you don't want things to spawn. CQB, Placement modules all have blacklist functions, and if you don't want OPCOM to send attacks on the captured locations do not include them in the Placement TAORS.

5. HUZZAH! I thought that's what the blacklist function was for.

or Sign Up to reply!