Server freezes (Fixed!)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

@SpyderBlack723 Fix deployed in latest release!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/page-11#entry2996372

Man that was fast! Will try it out in a couple of hours, thank you so much

3. Tupolov

15 Mar 2016 Administrator

https://twitter.com/TupolovK/status/709863751374278656

4. Wow! I wasn't expecting that so soon! Thanks! The changelog is really really impressive.

5. @highhead Did you manage to push your fix for the script error in the latest update? I really hate to be the one to say this but not only i get the same error but now pur dedicated crashes. Not the network error though, just a plain and simple crash. Ill upload my files after work (in approx 8h from now) if you are interested. I built the mission based on your example, it works wonderfully also, very good solution to my problem (i only use opf placement we dont use the BLU side). Ill be back with an update later tonight.

6. highhead

16 Mar 2016 Administrator

Thanks to Ophelians vanilla mission I was able to trace down a second BAD issue that seems to have been introduced lately due to changes in ARMA3 (3DEN i guess).

When using MIL IED module and teleporting to a town with IEDs it seems to INSTA-CRASH for some funny reason, if createvehicle is called with invaild input params from within a trigger. I assume it has to do something with error handling, but actually wasn't able to proof (yet). If I bypass that call or provide correct input params it doesnt crash.

Anyways, I fixed that too and pushed to DEV, but it wasn't in last nights update!
    Also this is a completely different thing than the server freeze that was fixed (no out of mem crash, but an insta crash).

So if you still get any crashes (which i didnt in my further tests, but with ophelians mission i was able to repro them), please try to remove the MIL IED module for now until its deployed!

7. highhead

no also the script error fix isnt in there, but i guess i found your problem @Ophelian, read above! Posted the same second as you...

8. @highhead wow talk about synchronicity! Perfect! Ill check this out tonight when ill be home. Thank you very much for your time.

9. Does this crash only occur during teleportation or can it happen during regular gameplay as well? The reason I ask is because I think the same crash is happening to me (I teleport a super mega-ton when making missions and CTD pretty often.)

10. highhead

Edited 8 years ago by highhead

it happens also during regular gameplay if you enter a zone where there should IEDs spawn. Remove the MIL IED module for now. Seems to be introduced lately. Never had any issues with IEDs actually until I saw that.

PS: is fixed in DEV already, just needs deploy

11. Crash happened on my client side when i finished loading up the mission on the dedicated. Once the mission was read and loaded i CTD on client side. Another friend connected and managed to reload the mission with no CTD. We took a humvee and then rolled to the first enemy zone (onlt 1 or 2 peofiles in the zone) ans then the server crashed.

12. highhead

it really gets obvious if you choose ambient IEDs on MIL IED module that are scattered over the island. If you use "Insurgency" mode with AI Commander including MIL IED module with no ambient settings (as intended), you would need to stumble across an IED zone established by Insurgents activitiy which happens a lot less.

13. Thanks for isolating it, Highhead. Is a quick hotfix something you guys would consider on this? As far as I can tell, it's one of the last glaringly obvious problems that need addressing. Yesterday's update was miraculous!

14. highhead

totally agree! just suggested to the team!

PS: Sorry for the inconvinience. im just glad i'm able to knock out those issues.

15. @highhead did you see my post above regarding naming multiple factions to call player reinforcements from? Didn't know if this was something that could be added to the next release. If it's too complicated to do, no problem but thought I would mention it.

16. Friznit

It's a new feature rather than a bug, and we're not adding anything at the moment so we can focus on achieving a stable baseline. Will add to the backlog for future consideration.

17. Hmmm. I have a mission made before Eden that is not having that IED issue. We had 6 guys in a town fighting, and I teleported out to them using Zeus to observe. There were IED's in the vicinity as they had several go off, yet I did not suffer any CTD's.

Guess it's because the error only happens on Eden built maps?

18. British Steel hasn't crashed and I was actually blown up by an IED a few times lol.

19. @ski2060 I dont think its related to 3den, @highhead knows more than i do, i even cheked and uncheked the file binarisation for mission.sqm but its a long shot. Not even closely related.

@AUTigerGrad does your Mil ai commander set to asymetric?

20. Yup

21. Tupolov

New version pushed...
    https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/?p=2996782

or Sign Up to reply!