Multispawn - multiple Spawntypes

1. 8 years ago

Hey all!

I´m a newbie at Arma missionmaking and decided to go with ALiVE.
    I setup a basic mission and now it´s time to get the respawn working.

What do I want:
    I want multiple respawn. The player should be able to choose how he wants to respawn, be it group, tent, vehicle or base respawn.
    My group runs ACE3.

What I got so far:
    I got one respawn method working at a time (except the tent-respawn doesn´t want to work), but how do I get a fancy menu to choose from?

My current description.ext:
    respawn=3; respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition"};

My init.sqf is empty for now.

Hope you can help a newbie, thanks!

2. Your description.ext is correct so far if you want to use the vanilla respawn system. Next you need to create respawn points.

[west,"my_respawn_mkr"] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

The above will create a respawn position for side west at the marker "my_respawn_mkr".
    For more information regarding the function, 'BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition', click here .

3. Thanks for the reply! Hm, I don´t really want to use the vanilla respawn, I want to have all of the respawnmechanics listed above.

Am I right that I can achieve multiple respawntypes with ALiVE?
    I have placed multiple Multispawn-modules with different settings for each, so one module is set to grouprespawn (which will even respawn me in my group if no AI is left?), the next one is configered for vehicle-respawn and the last one for base-respawn.

It seems that only the group-respawn is active though.

4. Only one Multispawn module should be placed. If you want to achieve what you are looking for, use my method. There are other methods but the vanilla system is there, and it's easy to work with.

Your 'description.ext' is correct so far, for use with the vanilla A3 multiple respawn system. ALiVE's multispawn system has not worked for me for awhile and for others as well. I believe it still needs some work.

or Sign Up to reply!