Some C2ISTAR questions

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

I think if there was a way to blacklist certain tasks, ALiVE's C2ISTAR missions I'm finding are actually pretty decent. They'll do the trick for me. I just don't want to have to do some of them.

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Alright, couldn't find any old posts.
    Here's how you blacklist certain tasks.

staticData.sqf should be a file you create in the root of your mission folder

init.sqf

execVM "staticData.sqf";

staticData.sqf

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};
    ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["MilAssault","MilDefence","CivAssault","Assassination","TransportInsertion","DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","SabotageBuilding","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"];

Remove an entry from the array to stop that task from being generated.

For example, removing MilAssault (first entry) would look like

ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["MilDefence","CivAssault","Assassination","TransportInsertion","DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","SabotageBuilding","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"];
  4. That can come in handy!

5. So I've got to say, using C2ISTAR as my primary means of interacting with ALiVE has really been quite enjoyable on small(ish) maps such as FATA! It's awesome getting a task in the dead of night, putting on the NVG's (with Full Screen Night Vision mod), helicoptering to an objective start point, and raining Hell on Insurgent forces. And having a full blown war going on in the background while I focus on objectives is a nice change of pace.

I really hope this system gets some love in the next update. What's here, although wonky (objectives getting placed off map is a very common occurrence regardless of the map) is marvelous and engaging. Perfect for Spec OPS type play. :)

Quick question: Will there be any major downside that anyone can think of if I have the OPFOR set to Assymetric while I primarily only do the C2ISTAR tasks? Basically, I only have my squad do typical patrol if there's a town or village on my way to the task marker. Are the spawned friendly Occupying units (via the mil/civ obj modules) typically decent at keeping the insurgents at bay on their own or is the Assymetrical model really super reliant on the player squad doing most of the patrol/blowing up stuff? I ask this because if I'm not taking care of blowing up enemy HQ's (for example), will my BLUEFOR profiled units do this on their own?

6. I've been having an issue where I have C2ISTAR setup for OPFOR only, and have set its factions to two custom factions, yet was still seeing vanilla BLUFOR units spawn during missions like "pickup the troops at X" rather than the friendly opfor faction.

7. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm wondering if you guys could put some kind of fail-safe into the clear town objective. It's pretty much guaranteed that I'll clear the area and go 10+ minutes without the objective ever finishing. I'm assuming the radius for the enemy check is probably pretty large, which I get due to various map sizes. Would something like having the task auto compete if no combat is engaged after 2-3 minutes be impossible to add in? Or perhaps making the enemy radius check the actual size of the town (if indeed it's programmed RL check for enemies)?

Also, let's say a task just doesn't work and needs to be deleted via the commander tablet. Would there be any way to get a new one auto-generated (with auto-generating tasks on of course) if no tasks are currently cued?

8. Deleted 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I think also the transport troop task (guys won't consistently board vehicle. I think it has to do with if they sense an enemy presence nearby) and the defend objective task (enemies sometimes don't attack the objective, meaning we'll all arrive to the marker and just sit there) aren't really working either. LOL! I know you guys have said that the whole C2ISTAR thing was more of an afterthought brought in to give devs something to do during testing, but that said, I really like the concept of it! Especially on small maps as sort of a "waypoint generator" for me to head towards while on patrol.

When it works it's wonderful. I Hope there's some way to clean it up a bit if you guys have the time.

EDIT: I see now that a few months ago it was confirmed "clear the town" is actually broken on A2 maps. No wonder I'm having issues. I'm playing on FATA.

10. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So I just found this: http://alivemod.com/forum/1226-auto-generated-task-editing/0#p3954

This thread was also attempting to limit the types of C2ISTAR tasks that generate and I can also verify that I have the exact same issue with the script in this thread. There's a variant of it in the link above too.

What I can't discern is if "clear the town" is the only one immune to the script (when "CivAssault" is removed), or if the script only works on the first task; meaning the script has no way of getting reinitialize once the first task is finished. If the former, there's at least hope that if we can find a way to get the script to disable that task, then everything should be good. If the latter, and the script is just not designed to work in MP, then maybe someone with some scripting knowledge can find a way to get the script to reinitialize after the first task?

What I can say for certain is that inevitably, "clear the town" is going to eventually surface and then the entire auto-tasking process breaks. The "clear the town" task either needs to be deleted at that point from the commander tablet, or forced "succeeded" from the tablet. When you do that, the only way to get auto-tasking to work again is to disable auto-tasking (which for some reason forces a new task), and then reenabling it (which causes all of the blacklisted tasks via the script to start generating again).

This is a strange issue. For any dev reading, the thread above is probably the most accurate description of what is happening. I can't really make heads or tails of it but what I do know is several of the tasks are broken, with "clear the town" causing the most havoc.

I just can't tell if the script is only working once of if "clear the town" is somehow immune to be blacklisted via the script.

11. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Thanks for the detailed description Heroes.

@SpyderBlack723 Alright, couldn't find any old posts.
    Here's how you blacklist certain tasks.

staticData.sqf should be a file you create in the root of your mission folder

init.sqf

execVM "staticData.sqf";

staticData.sqf

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};
    ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["MilAssault","MilDefence","CivAssault","Assassination","TransportInsertion","DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","SabotageBuilding","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"];

Remove an entry from the array to stop that task from being generated.

For example, removing MilAssault (first entry) would look like

ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["MilDefence","CivAssault","Assassination","TransportInsertion","DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","SabotageBuilding","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"];

Added on wiki:
    http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Savage, sorry if I wasn't clear but the script doesn't work. If it does, I can only discern that only the first task uses it. At least in MP. After the first task it generates blacklisted/erased ones. The link I placed in the post above is a discussion revolving around a similar script. I'm seeing the same thing with Spyder's new one.

That, or "clear the town" aka "CivAssault" is immune to it.

13. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Does the assassination/HVT mission only use custom ALiVE-generated camps? Can they be generated in a building included on the map itself? Just wondering how varied the HVT missions will be if someone could describe how they're programmed. Only seeing camp-sites right now.

14. Bump

15. It always spawns a custom composition for the task. The composition will be located near an actual enemy position though.

16. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ah that's unfortunate. Thanks for the answer though. Was hoping they'd be a little more varied.

EDIT: Well after not being able to find an HVT after massacring what seemed like an entire village, I had a map marker telling me me he was just a couple hundred meters from me. I teleport there and he's trying to get away in a car! LOL! Pleasant surprise! Oh and the new yellow icon is sweet. :)

17. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So I just had a task called "Destroy the Fire Burning" which was a task to destroy a burning fire. Obviously it can't be completed.

EDIT: I've narrowed it down to the Destroy Building subclass of auto-tasks if that helps. This is happening on an A2 map and is presenting itself as a custom composition (a camp with mesh tent around it and a burning campfire in the middle with a technical in the front.). Seen it multiple times now trying to isolate it and 100% can't be completed. Blew the whole thing up every which way each time and no dice.

18. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

And the 'Insurgency Destroy Assests' subclass of tasks isn't working either. On the same A2 map (Isalo Di Capraia), the task pointed to an unenterable behemoth of an industrial building that can't be blown up. If it would help I could get the building class for you guys.

19. Is there a work around to get pick up and insert troops working?

Big fan of this for pratcie flights in hot zones as a budding pilot.

M kunduz mission is populating with the pick up / insert tasks however the troops do not seem to be at the pick up or if they are they won t get in?

20. Not that I'm aware of. That task usually works but can fail if the troops start engaging in combat. With ALiVE being open source now I'm hoping eventually someone will overhaul the tasking system entirely.

21. Thanks for the reply

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!