Been persevering with ALiVE for a couple of months now and have been unable to get AI commanders to do anything, at all, really.

I wanted to set up a lightly-defended Blufor base (Camp Maxwell on Stratis), to be attacked by a surrounding superior Opfor force. Something like that big final battle scene in the movie Platoon - a night time CQB onslaught, with wave after wave of fearless frontal assaults and only the constant supply of paratrooper reinforcements preventing the base being completely overrun.

But no matter what i try, the enemy will not attack - they spawn at a decent perimeter, but then just stay there, never trying to attack, let alone coordinate an assault. Instead, the Blufor troops just fan out and wander off looking for targets... there'll be a few small skirmishes but things quickly settle down into a perfectly amicable truce... each side holding their ground unchallenged.

The only 'game' i can thus make out of it is to wander off myself and go and pick off these pockets of deserters, which is mostly like shooting fish in a barrel.. a pretty far cry from the expected results.

I've even tried the trick where you place a whole bunch of custom objectives inside the base, synched to the enemy OPCOM... which appears to have absolutely no effect on the problem whatsoever.

In the last few days i've resorted to using scripts to show all units on the map, just to find out what could be so much more important than the only Blufor objectives on the map - and have found that some of the Opfor units are actually swimming out to sea, in the opposite direction to their supposed objectives! Fully kitted out infantry are just going for a nice dip, rather than advance on the nearby enemy!

If i run vanilla Arma (without ALiVE) i can set up a surrounding force to attack a base by following waypoints to it - so is there some way of just causing spawned enemies to converge on a target location using ALiVE? All i want them to do is spawn say 1.5km away and make their way to the target and attack it - if they can coordinate their attack then great, but if not then just all attack it at once anyway.

I want this base to be attacked, savagely and relentlessly, not have them just wander off looking for a fight... How do i make the enemy "bring it"?