VCom and ALiVE

1. 6 years ago

So heads up folks....VCOM in its current state will ultimately wreck an ALIVE server after the server being up for 8-12 hours. By wreck I mean.... extremely long save times (or no save at all can be done) on server save and exit, extremely long spawn times for ALiVE units causing units to spawn in on top of players after several minutes, etc. I'm assuming this is due to some bad code that causes never ending loops and spam on the server.

A VCOM user named MrLED has uploaded several fixes to VCOM's github but they have not been pushed yet to the main VCOM code. You can grab them off of github and replace the current version.

I'm going to test to see if these new updates fix the VCOM issues. But I figured I'd let folks know who are running servers.

2. @AUTigerGrad So heads up folks....VCOM in its current state will ultimately wreck an ALIVE server after the server being up for 8-12 hours. By wreck I mean.... extremely long save times (or no save at all can be done) on server save and exit, extremely long spawn times for ALiVE units causing units to spawn in on top of players after several minutes, etc. I'm assuming this is due to some bad code that causes never ending loops and spam on the server.

A VCOM user named MrLED has uploaded several fixes to VCOM's github but they have not been pushed yet to the main VCOM code. You can grab them off of github and replace the current version.

I'm going to test to see if these new updates fix the VCOM issues. But I figured I'd let folks know who are running servers.

I confirm also. Long time to save. VCOM and ALiVE compatibility looks like a marriage... Moments of peace and moments of fights!

Let's wait for future VCOM updates, it seems Genesis is working hard on the mod and is aware of the FSM Leaks and other bugs in VCOM.

3. 5 years ago

@RedeyeStorm are you sure you're using version 3.0 ?
    There's a new thread for it on the BI forums and a new Github. I've played for hours with it and not seen it take over helos.

Even genesis said in the old thread

Vcom AI does influence vehicles, but no longer directly controls aircraft any longer.

Make sure you have 3.0

4. I wouldn't want to disable a whole force from VCOM. Just any AI under player control. It would be a horrible mismatch to have one force using VCOM and another one not using! There are way too many good features. I will contact the person who made VCOM and see if it would be possible to have it disable as you described, when under control of an active player.