Strange Ai Placement

1. 9 years ago

Okay, hello again guys!
    I have slowly set my mission up on my server which has been a long haul, however, I have enjoyed the experience of learning new things. Additionally might I add GameServers.com have an excellent customer support!
    I now have the problem that the enemy ai are now spawning in my base. If one could download my server and fix (or explain how to solve) this issue.
    If one can I seriously would appreciate it!
    Krazo
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hdlc8uktu9dhj4/Operation%20Caesar.Altis.pbo?dl=0

2. Add a TAOR marker over your base and add the name of that marker to your Blacklist with whatever module you are using to spawn AI.

3. I've already done that as the mission file would show. All areas are TAOR'd and Blacklist accordingly, apologies for not adding that.

4. Ok trying to open up your mission right now to take a look. What mods do you have running with it?

5. Mods or Modules, the phrase is commonly used for both?

6. Mods as in addons

7. My misreading, apolgies. Bare with me.

8. Community Based Addons
    Combat Space Enhancement
    ADSG Joint Rails
    Nato SF and Spetznaz Weapons
    Trixie's British Weapons
    UK Special Forces
    STHUD
    VTS Weaponresting
    Virtual Ammobox System

9. I couldn't figure it out. I need more time to figure out what's going on. I will try and figure this out later when I get home I have a doctor's appt I have to attend so I must go.

10. No problems, thank you ever so much Dixon. I am seriously grateful for your help!

11. 1. Are you sure you've used the correct factions, 2. Have you used the CQB module and not put a TAOR marker, and 3. are there any AI spawned without using ALiVE (I.e. editor placed or via script)

12. 1. Yes 2. At first, changed to a TAOR Marker. 3. Yes, however opposing units are VERY far from each other.

13. I don't know if this is useful, but do you have more than one placement module referencing a single blacklist marker?

I had noticed that as the map initializes it seems to delete the markers when the placement modules read them. I was having problems when it would reference a blacklist marker to two modules, so I started making identical markers on top of each other for each placement module to reference and it seemed to stop the units from spawning outside where I wanted them to.

It's just conjecture on my part, but it seems like the placement modules end up deleting the marker as they init before the next placement module has a chance to read it, so the next module that tries to reference the same marker ends up being "open" as if it was utilized with no TAOR or blacklist markers at all.

or Sign Up to reply!