(CQB Module Problem) OPFOR spawning deep inside BLUFOR territory

1. 4 years ago

Hello, I am having a issue with the CQB module spawning OPFOR in BLUFOR territory, (Towns, bases, etc.) and vice versa. This problem makes the mission act strange especially for my milsim unit. We want to go into a town or base as if we are the first ones in, but sometimes we go in and random 4 man BLUFOR team is inside one of their defense towers in a firefight or dead, and its kind ruins our immersion and mission flow, especially when moving in for night operations.

The same can be said for when we load in our persistent mission. Friendly towns will magically spawn a pocket or two of OPFOR in buildings, which is controlled by BLUFOR AI and players.

I have created a test mission to try a few different setting for the CQB module, using only vanilla units. The settings are below.

Military AI Commander Settings:

BLUFOR:
    Control: Invasion
    Reinforcements: Constant
    Faction: NATO

OPFOR:
    Control: Invasion
    Reinforcements: Constant
    Faction: CSAT

CQB Module Setting #1: One placed on map, Both factions MIL OBJ and CIV OBJ are synced.
    Type: Civilian
    CQB Locations: Complete map
    Probability: 20%
    Density: High
    Amount: Pair
    Placement: Dominant
    Spawn: 1200m
    Factions: BLU_F,OPF_F
    TAOR Marker: BLUFOR, OPFOR
    Blacklist Marker: None

CQB Module Setting #2: Two placed on map, Both factions MIL OBJ and CIV OBJ are synced to their separate factions CQB modules.
    Type: Civilian
    CQB Locations: Complete map
    Probability: 20%
    Density: High
    Amount: Pair
    Placement: Dominant
    Spawn: 1200m
    Factions: BLU_F,OPF_F
    TAOR Marker: BLUFOR, OPFOR
    Blacklist Marker: None

In configuration #2 I even restricted the TAOR to the factions respective starting territory.

We want more CQB units in our persistent campaigns, to make objectives more exciting. But the other problem we had when we only restricted the CQB to spawn the enemy faction is when we setup new forward bases, we come in the next day or weekend and a bunch of OPFOR CQB units spawn next to use killing us or taking us by surprise.

or Sign Up to reply!