Enemy spawning

1. 5 years ago

Is there any way to stop the enemy spawning once they have been killed?
    My mission is basically to keep taking over towns etc, however the enemies just keep spawning back there. I have deleted the TAOR markers in that area and also black listed the area but they are still spawning there. We cant really progress because everytime we come back there are tons of enemies in the towns we have already cleared.
    Any help would be great, i feel i have tried everything but not sure.

2. Units aren't really spawned in unless that location is their main reinforcement point.

3. If the enemy AI Commander module doesn’t have a Military Logistics module synced to it, they will not add any new groups. So if you have one for them and don’t want them to get additional replacements, delete the module.

If you’re talking about only when loading a persistent save, go through all the modules and put persistent to yes.

4. Edited 5 years ago by killaway

Maybe my explanation wasn't clear but what i mean is, the mission is persistent as it is now. And there are the TAOR markers all over the map. We went to an airport and took that over, but the enemies still keep spawning there. We want to move north to the next town but cant because we are constantly attacking the enemy that keeps spawning back at the airport. I went into the editor and deleted the TOAR marker around the airport and even put a blacklist marker around the airport. However, they still keep spawning there.
    In the editor when i test it, it works fine because there is no TAOR marker over that area then enemy dont spawn there, but in the mission on my server they do still spawn there.

EDIT: I dont have a Military Logistics Module down for the enemy

5. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Is your CQB module set to persistent? For CQB to be considered clear, you’ll need to make sure you kill all CQB enemies within this area. Also make sure you have it set to “dominant” so your side can take over when you do.

Profiles should not just be magically spawning there (CQB on the other hand will). I’d suggest running a test where you clear this area, then use the “Activate Marking All Unit’s” option in the ALiVE menu to make sure you kill all CQB units, then call in some friendly groups with Logistics to static defend the area, and all this with Virtual AI debugged so you can see what’s going on.

Then sit back and watch the Virtual profiles in the map screen and see if the enemy keeps sending more groups.

6. Yea QCB is set to persistent already but we don’t use any friendly AI. Just players. I’m not sure the setting is on dominant though to be honest. But I did the test where I teleported to every enemy and killed them but by the time I’ve killed the last lot they are already moving in on the area I first started to clear.

Like I said in the editor it’s fine and no enemy spawn back there but in the mission it’s kinda like its it’s not registering that I have changed it (added the blacklist marker in the mission) in the editor and re uploaded it to the server.

7. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

It’s not changing probably because you’re loading a persistent save. Start the mission over by changing the PBO name if using Cloud DB or if local saving, changing the PBO name or running:

call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear

When in mission in the debug console and clicking local exec if locally hosted or server exec if this is a dedicated server. Then exit and restart the mission.

8. Sorry I’m slightly confused about how to do that? Also will this mean all the vehicles will reset to where they was originally?
    Also, I don’t have a mission pbo, I just upload the mission folder to the dedicated server but there is only a mission sqf in there.
    So how would I go about this again? Thanks

9. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh sorry just change the mission folder name then then upload that to the server. Persistent data is tied to the mission name.

What I’m saying is, if you started the mission, then saved it, then made edits to the mission, then added those edits to the server, and loaded your previous persistent save, your edits will not take effect. ALiVE saves objectives in the persistent save data.

You will need to start the mission over from the beginning.

or Sign Up to reply!