Persistent gear saving

1. 8 years ago

Myself and another member of our gaming community have been attempting to get ALiVE working to save gear for about 40 hours each now, and we think we're pretty close. Unfortunately, we aren't connecting to the DB. Our Alive.LOG states authorization to couch DB is true, but in the RPT we get a "Unable to get file version size: path\path\path\@aliveserver\Arma2Net.Unmanaged.dll" at which point data throws an error and the DB does not connect.

Anyone able to shed some light on the situation?

2. our full rpt and alive.log
    unfortunately nfoservers does not allow us to go down directories and find aliveserver.log

http://pastebin.com/aEV6QKmP

3. UPDATE: For anyone else having a similar issue, our problem was using Play.withsix's version of ALiVE which appears to be outdated. Placing modules with the new version fixed the database and ALiVE is partially working for us.

However, it is still not saving gear on our unit. Gear and items placed via Zeus persists, and we are getting around it by implementing a sort of "locker" system for people to put their gear in that they wish to save at the end of our mission. This is functional but not ideal, if anyone could assist us we'd greatly appreciate it. New RPT and LOG available if requested.

4. Tupolov

16 Apr 2015 Administrator

New rpt and log please.

You need to ensure you have player persistence turned on :) In the Player Options module, using the Data module is not enough on its own.

5. Edited 8 years ago by Obie

We have 3 modules placed in the editor, (required), data, and player options. Player gear saving is turned on, as well as report to database. Will have RPT and log for you in a moment.

Newest RPT is incredibly bloated, and is too large to put up using pastebin. It is getting significantly spammed with:
    2015/04/16, 19:08:54 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\data\fnc_parseJSON.sqf, line 111
    2015/04/16, 19:08:54 Error in expression <{
    private ["_char"];
    _char = _charArray select _pos;
    switch (_char) do {
    case 12>
    2015/04/16, 19:08:54 Error position: <select _pos;
    switch (_char) do {
    case 12>
    2015/04/16, 19:08:54 Error Zero divisor

6. Tupolov

17 Apr 2015 Administrator

Yeah that's bad. It means there's corrupt data in your last save.

Thought we had caught that issue. Will investigate. If you can upload the RPT and logs somewhere that would help.

7. Edited 8 years ago by Obie

I'll see if I can generate a small enough one to post.

Here's an rpt that's been shortened, all i did was cut 30MB of that same error off the bottom.

http://pastebin.com/gGDNx0LC

8. Tupolov

18 Apr 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Tupolov

ok, i've got a debug version for you. Download the x_lib.pbo and put it in your @ALiVE/addons folder. You might need to turn off key/signature checks as I don't have a bisign with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ge1fp75kfbpxhe/x_lib.pbo

Run your mission again and post the RPT. Spam should stop and give an error message.

or Sign Up to reply!