JIP, Server or Headless?

1. 8 years ago

HI guys. So I run a dedicated server off my main PC (for persistence reasons) & connect & play from the same PC. I also have a second PC in the same room that my Son plays on & joins the games.

The problem we are having is although his computer runs Arma 3 Flawlessly in SP - when he joins My "ALIVE" MP missions his frames drop to unplayable levels.

I have tried every combination of start-up parameter's & Mod combinations to no avail.

Originally I had the Mil-Placement modules set to JIP but have since changed them all to Server hoping to take the load off the client machine, This made no noticeable difference.

we have been playing for over a month now with no problems but in the last week this has begun. My Machine is not much more powerful than his & mine runs fine whilst doing all the work.

I checked Stats: CPU, Memory, HDD, & Network never go much over 50% on either machine.

Any thoughts, tips or sarcastic comments are welcome.

Thanks.

2. Does this happen only with missions using ALiVE? Have you tried a vanilla (no mods) stock BIS mission in MP with same results? Also does the frame drop happen immediately when he connects?

or Sign Up to reply!