Broken CQB?

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Mamba1

Hey all! Firstly I'll say thanks to the Alive dev team for an amazing mod, it's the only thing Ive seen come close to Falcon 4's dynamic campaign.

Unfortunately it's come to my attention that my missions are not spawning CQB units. After noticing, I tried a few configuarations of the CQB module that I hadnt before and was able to force some CQB spawns however these were mixed OPFOR and BLUFOR spawns in the same towns etc. Just to mention it now, the profiles however, are all garrisoning 1 or 2 buildings per objective which I also hadnt seen before, which is cool. I tested quite thoroughly to make sure these weren't braindead cqb spawns though, and they do appear to be the profiles.

Although I'm sure I havent messed anything up in my missions, I tested this on the Op Landlord demo mission with only CBA3 and Alive running. I tested it as it came to begin with, then opened it up in the editor and changed a few of the cqb settings inside after the problems persisted. Whether it is synched to placements or unsynched, one of these problems always remains. My usual missions run on arma 2 terrains using AiA and rhs units ver 0.3.8. Should I try reinstalling something? CBA? I saw some optional files in the latest version, are they needed?

My usual set up for the last few months has been an island wide war with around 400 units each side and an unsynchronized CQB module set to dominant, 5% and low. As far as I know you do not have to insert faction names into the module when using dominant. That was however the only way I could force some CQBs to spawn.

Thx for any help guys

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

After noticing, I tried a few configuarations of the CQB module that I hadnt before and was able to force some CQB spawns however these were mixed OPFOR and BLUFOR spawns in the same towns etc

This should be fixed in the upcoming update, the method of determining the dominant faction was broken.

You indeed do have to place factions in the field when using dominant, not doing so will result in an error. When making this mission I was using a test version in which the bug had been fixed. Update progress is sitting at 99% so soon™.

3. Hey Spyder, thx for the info man. Was thinking it was something my end. I'll just look forward to it being fixed.

or Sign Up to reply!