Showing players the Command Points

1. 8 years ago

One of my group's favorite missions used to be DUWS. When we discussed the features that we liked, one that came up was the desire to know "the score" so to speak. In DUWS you're always aware of the current CP available to your team. When objective is taken, there's an update given to all the players, as well as whenever it "ticks". On the wiki I saw this snippet:

_currentBLUFORForcepool = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;

Is there a mod feature to display this on the Player Combat Logistics GUI, or a way to announce it on major updates? Currently the players' requests can be drops in the bucket, more than available, or near the entirety of the reserves. Since the player has to do this request blind, and the large lead-time before the troops arrive, the players have no concept of the "weight" of their request. This would be like shopping, but without knowing how much is in your wallet prior to checkout.

2. Have had this issue myself but haven't found a solution.

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

My best guess would just be to display this information on an interval (/5 min). Only other time the information seems to be available is when your side calls in reinforcements and when you complete an objective. Displaying it in the tablet gui could be a cool idea, feature request?

while {true} do {
        sleep 300;
        _currentBLUFORForcepool = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;
        hint format ["Your current forcepool level is %1",_currentBLUFORForcepool];
    };
  4. I got a <null> in the hint lol

that would be that context thing I was talking about haha

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

With logistics properly working for the BLU_F faction? I believe it would only force back null if the the forcepool for that side is undefined. Might also not be able to hint the _currentBLUFORForcepool variable as well but I don't think that's the issue. I'll mess with it tomorrow

edit: Probably not able to just do hint _currentBLUFORForcepool since the ALiVE_fnc_hashGet command returns a mixed value of some sorts.

Returns:
    Mixed - The value

6. Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

I was using dynamic, I will try and put a number in and see how that goes.

Edit: Yeah returns "any"

or Sign Up to reply!