Combat Support Interface Doesn't Work At All

1. 8 years ago

Hello, after a year-long break from Arma 3 and ALiVE, I've reinstalled everything and am attempting to just try the 'showcases' that have been added. Immediately on starting the Quick Start Showcase, I can't pull one of the combat tablets out of the support box unless I spawn in a backpack to put it in (looks like it doesn't recognize it as an item or?) and with a laser designator equipped and the tablet in my backpack, using the assigned key for action '20' does absolutely nothing.

I tried running only CBA and ALiVE to sort potential mod conflicts and have the latest versions of both. Was there an Arma update that borked everything? Why isn't this very simple thing working? Is anyone else having the issue?

Thanks.

2. Friznit

13 Jul 2015 Administrator

It's not an issue with anyone else so it has to be local problem or that mission needs updating (again). Please can you try a different mission and let me know if you have the same problem? If necessary, redownload ALiVE from the website.

3. Thanks. I finally got it to work after going to 'configure addons' in the controls menu rather than 'custom key 20' in the main arma controls. Is everyone else only able to get the tablet into their inventory if they have a backpack? I find that sorta silly, I can't put it anywhere else? (uniform/vest, etc)

4. Friznit

13 Jul 2015 Administrator

It should go into any of your uniform/vest/backpack if you have space - it's not that big. It won't go in an item slot though.

5. Well, I did eventually find that I can't simply right click the tablet like any other item to get it into my inventory, I have to actually drag it, and in addition, any 'R3F'-related French mods as well as 'French Intervention Forces' will somehow bug the tablet so it can't be placed in your regular inventory.

6. @Corsa1r I was unable to find anything under 'configure addons' and I have downloaded the mod again, any ideas?

7. Disregard last post, CBA_A3 needed updating. Thank you.

or Sign Up to reply!