Spawning an Assymetrical Force

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

If I just wanted my opposition to be insurgents in small groups but near infinite numbers all over the map, what would be the best way of spawning them?

Using an objective module with "place units" or syncing a CQB module to an objective module that is just providing objectives? Or both? If placement modules are the way to go, what's a good sized group force to use (if it helps to know the map size, I want to set this up on Zargabad)?

Also I am curious about the Civilian hostility setting on the population/placement module. Does that in anyway affect the guerrilla recruitment in an asymmetrical force or the frequency of IED cars/suicide bombers?

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

The problem with wanting small groups spawned is that it is up to the mod maker/or BIS if vanilla faction to determine what size groups will be used. Unless you make a custom config it will use the groups defined which unfortunately aren't usually small. The CBQ module is sort of a workaround for this but it's limited in it's capabilities.

What I would probably do is use placement modules to spawn units at civilian( and military if you wish) objectives. Just random estimates off the top of my head, you might want to use ~100 units for the military placement module and 200-400 for the civilian placement module. I would then sync a CQB module to both of the placements and put it at a high % (10-15?) so it spawns a lot of units in urban areas (Obviously you're going to need to tweak this to fit a comfortable fps).

3. Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

It's not so much the size of the individual groups as much as knowing what would make a good, realistic size number of groups to use with the placement modules. If I use both placement module types, would setting both to 100 groups give them 200 total, or still only 100?

Also, a bit off-topic, but when I have the CQC module synced to a civ object/placement and/or military obj/place module and use the trace system, even though it doesn't actually spawn anything in the black listed area, it still marks it in trace as possible hostiles in the area. Can I stop this while still having the trace system on?

4. Not at the moment, TRACE doesn't support blacklists/taor's.

or Sign Up to reply!