OPCOM seems to time-out.

1. 8 years ago

^ yes and considering the number of groups that use ALiVE in their persistent missions I would think this issue would have been reported in the past. I've had a mission running for 6 days before...although that was some time ago (around alive version 0.7). Will attempt to repro...

2. Edited 8 years ago by BlackAlpha

@SavageCDN ^ yes and considering the number of groups that use ALiVE in their persistent missions I would think this issue would have been reported in the past. I've had a mission running for 6 days before...although that was some time ago (around alive version 0.7). Will attempt to repro...

Well, generally speaking, I know from experience that only a small percentage of your playerbase will actually bother to report issues. Most people either simply try to ignore the problems, work around it, or abandon your product entirely and move on to something else.

Here's a recent example. In multiplayer, smoke is not working for the AI (more specifically, AI local to the dedicated server), they can see through it like it's not there. The issue was there for many months and still is (it's been there for at least 6 months, if not longer). Finally I got off my lazy arse and I reported it on the bug tracker and it seemed like I was the first (now, BIS has acknowledged it and is working on it). Yet, the bug report has gotten very few upvotes and nobody else is reporting this issue. How is that possible? It's an issue that affects almost everybody who plays against AI on a dedicated server and this issue has been there for a very long time. It affects all the big coop communities. Surely, somebody must have noticed it before I reported it. Yet, nobody bothers to report it. Such is life... In my case, it was because of laziness that I didn't report the issue sooner. Maybe everybody is lazy? ;)

3. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Of course.. will be a few days as I'm away from my gaming PC ATM.

edit: just realized I was testing with the latest internal version and not the public release.. will re-test with 0.9.9.1506221