CPS way too low

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Spawner

Hey fellas.

I am running an alive mission with all modules. military commander, civ obj, mil obj and logistics for opfor and blufor each. civ obj has 100 units and mil obj has 200 units. I even placed cqb module with spawn dist at 600. other objectives spawn distance is 900m.

When playing with 4-7 players, the FPS dips too low. Less than 20 fps sometimes whereas on mcc or other mods/mission, we normally get fps of 50+. The server config is as follows:
    i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    32GB RAM
    SSD drive

This is a dedicated server running only ALiVE mission (1 instance).

The CPS we are getting on average is 9-10 with a max of 16 and min of 2. Is this normal for ALiVE or do we need to get the i7-5xxxk series?

2. Friznit

18 Aug 2015 Administrator

If you're using a typical mod set like ACE, TFAR, AiA and putting a big ALiVE mission on top then that's probably normal, especially if you have any AI mods running. While Profiles have very little impact, you're still dependent on the RV engine to handle the number of AI spawned near you. It can help putting CQB on Headless client, or use fewer/more widely dispersed objectives so less is spawning at once. Unless you experiencing any script lag or poor AI behaviour, it shouldn't matter too much. I find server FPS of 20+ is fine. CPS will be spikey as stuff spawns in and third party scripts life ASR get applied.

3. Edited 8 years ago by Spawner

I have kept cqb module to a HC. Am thinking of moving all ai to HC by using the passtohc script. Main problem is the low fps experienced on client system. With just 5 ppl playing, fps drops as low as 15 withoit any major comnat happening. Its putting off people from playing my mission. Will running a mission in stratis help as its much smaller than altis?

I have ace,tfar,rhs, running along with asrai and ffis

P.s. server fps stays at 40+. It's the client fps and the low cps that worries me

4. Friznit

19 Aug 2015 Administrator

Poor client fps is invariably due to too many AI spawned at once, which you can tweak with module settings. Very little else, if anything in ALiVE should be causing any client fps loss.

or Sign Up to reply!