Module syncing concerns.

1. 8 years ago

Hi all and specifically SpyderBlack723

I am having some concerns about syncing modules and if i am doing it right. specifically at the moment the Player Combat Logistics module, i have it set-up in a mission and it appears on the ALiVE menu but when i request an air drop of a rifle unit to reinforce an area i have cleared of enemy, i get the message that the request has been acknowledged but that as far as it goes. I have sat waiting for 10 to 15 minutes and the status of the request stays the same.

Can you recommend one of your templates or mission files that uses all of the ALiVE modules so i can see if there is something I'm doing wrong with the way I'm syncing the modules. I am also using several scripts in the mission like VAS, VVS, an AI recruit and vehicle repair scripts so i don't know if they could be breaking something.

TIA Ian

2. Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

I've noticed this on occasion as well, but most of the time it works just fine. I think it may just have a variable time to receiving the drop based on what's currently happening in the mission. Sometimes it takes no more than 3 minutes to get my stuff, other times it's a wait of up to 20 minutes or more.

Also keep in mind they spawn pretty damn high up in the air for the air drops and, if the wind is pretty strong, they can easily get blown hundreds of meters off-course.

3. The Player Combat Logistics should be left un-sychronized so you should be ok there.

It's worth noting that on larger maps like Altis it will take much longer sometimes ( reason is unknown to me, maybe performance).

I think my Operation Landlord mission uses most modules. I can check when I get home.

4. If i remember correctly when i have seen it working the status messges get updated as the drop is prepaired i.e. units are being loaded etc. Before they actually get dropped in. I am not seeing anything past the acknowledgement and please standby.

If this worked well or at all, i would not need th ai recruit scrip as i could use the combat logistics to supply any required ai

or Sign Up to reply!