Alive Civilian spawning at a defined location (TAOR markers?)

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Aarnoman

Hello all,
    I am trying to create a mission where Alive ambient civilians spawn at a set location (a single town in Takistan). How do I accomplish this?

Apologies for likely being a very simple question. I've searched the past two hours and have come to the understanding that TAOR markers have to be used, but I am uncertain of how to create & sync these as my location for civilian spawning.
    Any help would be much appreciated :)

On further research, I discovered that it requires the drawing of rectangular/elliptical markers. Again, I can't find any information on how to do this. Looked in the marker tab and there is no option to draw a rectangle/ellipse (This is in the Eden Editor of current Dev branch). Please help!

2. 1. Create a marker (rectangle or ellipse) and position it over the town, make sure it is large enough to cover most of the town

2. Name the marker

3. Put that marker name in the TAOR section of the Civilian Placement module

If done correctly it should be spawning civilians only in that town :)

3. Edited 8 years ago by Aarnoman

Hi Spyder, thank you for your prompt reply. I can't seem to find the option to draw a rectangle/ellipse marker over the town in the Eden editor. It's not listed in the marker tab. Any idea where I can find it? Sorry for the newness, just getting started on mission editing.

Update: Found the markers. They are located in the marker tab -> Click on the greyed out button beneath the 'systems' tab -> use ellipse/rectangle marker.

Thanks a lot Spyder, it's working great now! :)

or Sign Up to reply!