2 players unable to connect to same ALiVE server?

1. 9 years ago

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct channel, but I'll try anyway.

Me and my housemate are trying to play on a server that has recently started running ALiVE mod. Is there a possibility there's a conflict with two players using the same IP connecting to it?
    The moment I try to connect, he drops (No message for XX seconds) and I cannot get in, the moment I cancel the connection he gets back in after a couple of seconds.

Anyone can add in on this or are we just looking at a different server problem?

Regards,
    Bjeaurn

2. Tupolov

3 Nov 2014 Administrator

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125021-Two-computer-s-cannot-connect-to-one-server&p=2025105&viewfull=1#post2025105

Fix here (this is an arma issue not war room)

3. Thanks for the reply. I've not experienced the same troubles without the ALiVE mod enabled on the server, so I figured the ALiVE mod may have some influence as well.

The link you've pointed to seems interesting and we'll surely try, but it also implies that ARMA3 runs the same netcode as ARMA2?

4. Tupolov

4 Nov 2014 Administrator

Strange. We don't interfere with Arma net code at all, there is no difference in connecting to an ALiVE server and a non-ALiVE server.

The issues you have described do match the NAT IP issues seen in Arma 2.

Can you test the fix of adding a port to your client's IP config?

5. I see. We will surely try and report back.

We speculated that it would have to do with the persistant nature of ALiVE, maybe not allowing two connections over one IP.

We'll report our findings. Thanks for thinking with us!

6. Tupolov

7 Nov 2014 Administrator

Any luck? @Bjeaurn

7. Shit, I said to myself I should reply this day but already forgot about it a bit.

Yeah, it seems to work just fine! That also excludes that ALiVE has any involvement. Still haven't seen any other servers without ALiVE giving us the same problem so that's still difficult to rule out.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway. Adding -port=2350 on the one and -port=2355 on the other fixed everything for us.

8. Tupolov

7 Nov 2014 Administrator

Cool! Thx

or Sign Up to reply!