Units not spawning for certain players

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Vrak

I'm playing with a small community, and recently we've been adding some new people to our group. Unfortunately two of them were not able to see nor hear any hostile units at all. They could, however see the rifles left on the ground after us who could see them had killed them. We had them relogg to see if that fixed the problem to no avail.

One of the members of my group also noted that he had a friend who had the same bug occur on an earlier version of ALiVE some months back. Both instances were hosted on my machine (I was not there when the bug happened to the latter guy), on Takistan using Leights OPFOR. Though on two different missions using different frameworks.

Note that I also use TADST to launch my dedicated servers, if that helps.

We haven't tried relaunching the server yet, as it is late as I'm reading this and the other guys aren't up for playing anymore, but I thought I'd make a post here to see if this has happened to anyone else, and if there is a fix. Will keep you posted if it gets fixed.

Thanks in advance for any help, just let me know if there are any log files or the like you guys need!

2. some of his players are not the addon units installed or downloaded correctly, should perdir to reinstall addons units

3. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Hi there - What you are describing doesn't really have anything to do with ALiVE as far as I can tell. As Caposo mentioned the new players probably do not have all the required mods for the mission - hence they cannot see the enemy LOP units. LOP units can be problematic however... I would test your mission with vanilla units to see if you can reproduce it.

edit: if you place a LOP unit on the map somewhere in editor (even at 0% probability of spawn) and re-save the mission this will add a requirement to the mission.sqm. Players then joining the server will get an error message saying they are missing x required mod. They don't get this error now because there are no actual LOP units present on the map at mission start - ALiVE spawns them in.

note: I am assuming this is the case for your mission...not having seen it I can't really say for sure :)

or Sign Up to reply!