Player Logistics Support

1. 9 years ago

Just a question regarding re supply via Heli Insertion, would it be possible to have the Helicopter pull into a 0.5m hover rather than actually land? This may solve the problem with them settling on unsuitable terrain and sliding over the troops deploying or ending up going unserviceable in the LZ due to landing damage? Even a routine to supply via insertion if the terrain is unsuitable for landing would be cool.

Cheers
    ST

2. ARJay

5 Nov 2014 Administrator

Ok, noted, will see if we can get it in as a feature request.

3. cheers

4. nice. thx.

5. How long does it take for the units to arrive? I tried calling in support but never seems to arrive before I have to bug out of my position.

6. It takes as long as it takes to start engines and fly from the module location to your location. I've found it sometimes better to call them in to the AO on hold fire/defend and have them loiter at a distance closer to your team. Then if you need CAS they arrested only a minute away. Just watch there fuel state, they don't RTB if they are low on fuel.

7. Friznit

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

Added a feature request for "land engines on" to hover just off the ground.

"Land engines off" will clearly still need a proper HLS.

"Insertion" already has an altitude option

Pick Up will still land on the smoke marker (invisible H) - it's up to the players to find a suitable HLS!

or Sign Up to reply!