Long wait time for AirDrop/Convoi/heli

1. 9 years ago

I made a map with two huge TAORs (one for Bluefor and one for Opfor) working good with dedicated Server. The problem is the incredible long wait times for Player Combat Logistics. Is it intentional that I need to wait ~10 minutes for an airdrop or over 20 minutes until an convoy is assembled?

2. negative, although i've read and experienced myself longer wait times. When things are setup correctly, your wait times should be minimal. the status on your tablet should almost immediately show either request received or request acknowledged...i dont remember. If you see that, you know things are working correctly. If you just see "request sent" with nothing following for a long period of time, i would be something is broken...

Now after 10 to 20 minutes...do you get the supplies you requested? If so, its working. You may just have issues with your insertion points.

Note that if you put down a logistics module that is set to "Static", the insertion point for your resupply will be based on the actual location of your logistics module. If the objective near your logistics module is not under your control, OPCOM won't be able to resupply you. If you have it set to "Dynamic", the location of the module isn't supposed to matter. Your insertion points will be based on the highest priority objectives that you are controlling.

3. Ok just retested:

1. I send the request for air drop
    2. some seconds later i get: Request acknowledged, stand by"
    3. Then I have to wait for about 10-20 minutes, sometimes longer.

I thought about the problems with the insertion point (Nato forces are located in the upper left 1/3 of Altis - so no airfield available for them). With "dynamic" Opcom would use the Harbor of Kavala. I read that higher priority objects lend to a faster Insertion process. So i created a custon Military base "Mil Outpost 1(Huge) with priority 999 and placed the logistics modul ,on "static", right next to it. Insertion from that Point works but, as said before seems slow.

4. I think it also depends on what you have going on with the rest of your BLUFOR and OPCOM. If your OPCOM is using your logistics pool to feed its efforts, then it might take time for you to get your request. Try uping the logistics pool to see if that helps. Otherwise, I have no idea why its taking that long. When I hvae mine working, I'll see progress is being made on my request every 3-4 minutes....

Good luck bud.

5. ARJay

5 Nov 2014 Administrator

Theres a few factors that might be happening there.. Does your mission have a lot going on? Is there any RPT spam from other addons? It could be a case of the system responding slowly due to the server struggling a bit with everything going on. It could also be that the logistics carriers are stuck on the way - are you getting more messages about starting travel to destination, or are you only seeing the acknowledged message and then nothing for 20 minutes?

6. There is a lot going on yes (800 Battalion strength on both sides). I even tried to use the 50% reinforcement threshold for reinforcement request (hoped to see less requests and faster respond times) but that changed nothing.

or are you only seeing the acknowledged message and then nothing for 20 minutes?

- Yes for 20 minutes nothing after the acknowledge message. After that the insertions starts (drop/heli/convoy). Also it seems that there is a Problem with despawning helis after heli Insertion - they just hover at the Insertion Point and do not despawn.

7. ARJay

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

Ok, are you running many mods? Can you test it using a similar amount of units but using no mods?

8. No mods here - apart from cba and alive of course.

9. ARJay

12 Nov 2014 Administrator

ok can you upload a test mission so we can check

10. DL link is in the private conversation.

or Sign Up to reply!