Profile vs Profile mechanics?

1. 8 years ago

So exactly how does virtual profiles fight each other? I have found several situations were entire battle groups get held up by a infantry group. Yet once I go into range to unvirtual them, I find out it's just some special forces guy and he quickly dies. Is it a randomize number system or some sort of stats for each profiled group?

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Take this with of grain salt but...

Each profile has it's "class". Infantry, specop,mechanized,armor,static weapon,plane etc. Each profile is given a "battlerating" based on it's class. There is some randomization to it, but only just enough to keep it interesting and dynamic. If a profile lives through a virtualized fight, the damage it took is stored and wll be spread out among the units/vehicles when it spawns or taken account in it's next virtual fight.

Basically, an armor group has a high probability of stomping several straight infantry groups, but it also might get destroyed due to damage taken over several fights, or some randomization (to simulate stuff like AT).

Once again, this is more like an educated guess with background knowledge, maybe Tup, Arjay, or HH have more information.

3. Sound about right. I'm sure their is more to it considering that I often find wiped out unit's in positions what seems appropriate to the AI movement. Such as unit's dismounted and moved out slightly, or within a cover spot. I think this would be a great wiki article for the team to elaborate on. As it provides good insight on how things behave for mission makers. I can understand however if they have some reservations of not revealing this information.

or Sign Up to reply!