Help: how to change AI commander status during mission

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by amoksepp

Edit: If you are just able to answer one question pls do it, im happy about every help

Hi community,

i m new with the alive mod and started to create my first mission today.
    But i have some questions now, because not everything works like intended.

I have a taor with 200 units (BLUFOR, motorised) and a taor with 500 (OPFOR, armored), both of them are in occupation status. The OPFOR ai commander is linked to the BLUFOR Military placement (am i right that the main target for both are to hold their own placements because they are set on occupation? english is not my native language, so i have some understanding problems)

OPFOR has 2 or 3 AA and the target of the mission from the player is to kill them before the OPFOR attack the BLUFOR base, after destroying the AA the player should be able to order CAS, so he will have a chance against the bigger enemy army.
    Is it possible to change AI Commander Status from OPFOR occupation to invasion after a determined time.
    (1. can i set a timer in the editor and if not 2. can i use a command to do this?)

"When i use the player support (CAS) and set the settings that the player have the access to an attack_airplane, will this come from offmap or have i to place an thunderbolt for BLUFOR on an flightfield and where can i find the names of every unit like helicopters or mortar teams?"
    Answer: The type of unit spawns at the same place the Combat Support Module is placed in the editor

Edit: when i config the military placement module should create a armored 200 unit army, does this mean that it let spawn 200 soldiers + cars/tanks, or does every unit have a specific value, like a tank is worth 20 units so it could spawn 10 tanks or 5 tanks and 100 soldiers?

Thanks for help : )

2. i would need smth like this, just for the ai commander module
    just a command to change the aggression type of the commander.
    Is it possible to link the ai commander to an object during the mission and not in the editor?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So I've created 2 new functions, will be out possibly in next release after testing.

ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd
    Will add CAS or Transport units to be available using the below command:
    ["CAS OR TRANSPORT",[SPAWN POS],Direction, "CLASS","CALLSIGN","CODE","HEIGHT"]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;

examples
    ["TRANSPORT",[[1849.21,5805.27,0],60,"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","VICTOR 1","",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;

["CAS",[[1849.21,5805.27,0],60,"B_Heli_Attack_01_F","Phantom 1","",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;

ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove
    Will remove a CAS or Transport unit from the available units for a specified side using the below command:

["SIDE","CAS or TRANSPORT","CALLSIGN"] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove;

examples
    ["WEST","TRANSPORT","VICTOR 1"] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove;

["WEST","CAS","Phantom 1"] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove;

3. @amoksepp I have a taor with 200 units (BLUFOR, motorised) and a taor with 500 (OPFOR, armored), both of them are in occupation status. The OPFOR ai commander is linked to the BLUFOR Military placement (am i right that the main target for both are to hold their own placements because they are set on occupation? english is not my native language, so i have some understanding problems)

They will still attempt to take each other objectives. The only difference is that they are more conservative about it. They will still assemble 4 groups to attack, but will wait to fill it's defensive reserves.

@amoksepp Edit: when i config the military placement module should create a armored 200 unit army, does this mean that it let spawn 200 soldiers + cars/tanks, or does every unit have a specific value, like a tank is worth 20 units so it could spawn 10 tanks or 5 tanks and 100 soldiers?

I believe it is based on profiles. Meaning 200 tanks with crew can equal 200 individual soldiers.

4. thx for request : )

5. Edited 8 years ago by BvB

The scripting that does this uses percentages and divisors by class. An armored group counts about double what an infantry group would, while mech/motorized are a touch higher than the leg grunts, to account for a squad + vehicle crew I assume and/or combat value of vehicle in the case of mech. IIRC, armored is structured to equal approx 20 "men" per group (in the calculation, not necessarily in reality, as actual tank groups are typically 2 & 4 tanks, with 3-4 crewman per tank), though it's a bit fuzzier than that, as the non-selected class percentages (eg motor & mech for "armor", motor and armor for "mech" structures, have random multipliers in determining proportion of force.

You can also use the override setting for a certain type of unit to eliminate them from that mix. Eg set leg infantry to zero for armor or mech mil/civ spawn if you only want no leg infantry, or zero for everything but infantry on a "light infantry" if you want only foot grunts spawned.

*WTF did I just say version: No, armor, 200 size won't spawn 200 tanks. :) It will spawn a tank heavy mixed force that should total "somewhere in the neighborhood" of 200 troops.

6. ok thx for your answer :D

or Sign Up to reply!