Server closing out of nowhere

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Would anyone mind taking a look at my logs? The game is pretty much unplayable at this point. After about 10-20 minutes of playing absolutely smoothly, all of a sudden I'll get a message on my screen telling me the server has disconnected (I use TADST). And sure enough, I alt+tab out of the game and the server has just simply closed itself. I'm using the second to most recent performance binaries for client and server, with 1.54 and all hotfixes installed.

ALiVE Rpt: http://pastebin.com/mudQfFYY

TADST Rpt: http://pastebin.com/LWZAGNc8

2. Hey,

I looked in to your .rpt from tadst, and it looks like ACE is the troublemaker here. I have experienced the same thing. The cause however is not ACE itself but compatibility between other mods, it might be 3CB mod pack that is not compatible with ACE.

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Wow. Thanks for looking into this!

3CB did just update their vehicles. I wonder if that's where the issue stems from...

4. I guess I have to remove ACE? Yikes, that sucks. :(

I think we just went over this, but just to cover my bases. Removing ACE means going into the editor, removing all ACE modules, and deleting any line that says ACE in the description.ext or was it the mission.sqm?

5. I dont know, but to explain things a little further. I used to run ace, asr ai rhs and leighs opfor pack as a my standard modset, theese worked very good before 1.54. Then everything changed, when i run rhs only with ace and asr ai, everything works ok. But running rhs and leight with asr ai and ace, arma crashes with a out of memory error. So i belive that if a mod is not updated to 1.54 standards it will not work with ace.

Either way, i have ditched ace, asr ai, because i get a lot better performance in alive missions. I can now actualy run altis with 3200 profiles with a stable 30 fps!

6. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks for the insight!

Let's assume 3CB being updated or out of date and conflicting with ACE is the culprit. In your opinion, if I just remove ACE from all my missions that use 3CB (keeping 3CB in place), do you think my crashing will stop?

7. Yes :-)

8. Do somebody mind looking my RPT file allso, i think maybe i got simulair fault https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecforvftl81ljl1/arma3server_2015-12-23_23-15-44.rpt?dl=0

9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Drastrup, I know we PM'd each other. Are you playing UK Pathfinders by AuburnAlumni? That's the mission that was crashing on me. Brawler looked at my logs and determined ACE was causing the crashes, though likely because it was conflicting with another mod. I talked to Auburn about this but the mission is actually not crashing for him (and I can verify this because I played it with him on his server recently).

If it is Pathfinders, are you using the Dropbox link from Steam Workshop?

10. Try enabling the 'cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo'. It can be found in the optional folder of CBA. In the meantime, I will take a look at the log.

11. Never mind looking at your rpt now and see that you did move the pbo over.

12. Edited 8 years ago by dixon13

From what I see on you rpt here is what you need to do...

• Delete all of the ACE modules and put them down. The log says you are possibly using old modules.
    • ALiVE cannot open the 'alive.cfg' file. Make sure that is in the correct location.

Try those fixes and see if that solves your problems @Drastrup

13. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks for finding the issue for him Dixon. I actually see now the exact mission he's playing over on BIS forums. Even though it was originally posted in the summer, unfortunately with the constantly evolving nature of ARMA, even a mission 6 months old is too old to assume it will work without tweaking.

Drastrup, alive.cfg is stickied here on the forums. Download that and place it in your ARMA root folder (the same place as your arma.exe and armaserver.exe and your mods, etc).

14. @dixon13 From what I see on you rpt here is what you need to do...

• Delete all of the ACE modules and put them down. The log says you are possibly using old modules.
    • ALiVE cannot open the 'alive.cfg' file. Make sure that is in the correct location.

Try those fixes and see if that solves your problems @Drastrup

When you say Delete ACE modules and put them down, what exaclty do you mean? :)

I'm sorry, English isn't my native language, so sometime you want to have a litle patience with my understandig ;)

@HeroesandvillainsOS  Drastrup, I know we PM'd each other.

Sorry, i din't answer you back Hero, but as i mentioned: I'm not so strong in english gramma ;) But im very _VERY_ thankfull for all of Your help, i didn't choose the Pathfinders mission, i recon that the reposetory were to big for our purpose.

But the NATORFOR mission is perfect for our use, if it not gonna crash, so i will try to do what your said, if i can figure out exactly what to do... :)

15. Dixon was saying that in the mission, the ACE modules are out of date. What you need to do if you want to keep ACE in the mission, is open the mission in the editor, delete the ACE modules and then replace them. Or, you could delete the ACE modules entirely and then delete all ACE entries in the mission.sqm if you'd rather get rid of ACE altogether.

The mission was made with an old version of ACE 3. You either need to update the mission or remove the dependency.

16. I have trying to del. the ACE modules and put them in again, but still the server crash, this is the new RPT file, if you @HeroesandvillainsOS  and @dixon13 mind to have a look :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9dp1pqeizv44sq/arma3server_2015-12-27_21-09-11.rpt?dl=0

17. @Drastrup when 'Morph' logged out as admin is that when the server crashed, or was it before?

18. Hi @dixon13 - To be honest, i cant remember, but i think Morph logging out as admin was because the server crashed.

19. Seems your "alive.cfg" is not being read either. Make sure you have placed that in the correct place if you are using the Data module. Also, could we get your mission file so that we could help better?

20. @dixon13 - We have after that implemented the Alive.cfg, still the same error occours! :(

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182971-alive-takistan-natofor-master-antonio-version/ - This is the mission file we're using. The problem seems to be random, sometimes we can play for hours, sometimes only few minutes.

I really hope you can help, that would safe my day! :)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!