Player-Controlled OPCOM / Convoys

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by spencer42

Hi, I've been played whole-island ALiVE missions, and have been ending up with situations like this after an hour or so: -image-

So I was wondering if there was any possibility in having some kind of player intervention into a side's movement? Because as you see in the screenshot, BLUFOR have pushed North to the high-priority airfield, and OPFOR have pushed South. The problem is, BLUFOR are losing their FOB's (which have custom objectives with quite high priorities), have lost Elektro and soon to lose Cherno, yet neither side seem to pull forces back to defend their bases (OPFOR base was NWAF with added custom objective), or at least not nearly enough :/

So would it be possible to have a player intervention, so if a player knows there are a lot of forces headed towards base then the can pull AI back to help defend?

Second, minor point, is will the Military Convoys be reinstated into a different module at some point? I quite liked having them truckin' about :P

Thanks in advance :)

2. ARJay

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

We are planning upgrades to the military AI commander at some point, so you'll probably have to wait for that to happen. Usually if you are running logistics it will provide a surge of forces that will sometimes be directed to different objectives.

Military convoys are replaced by military logistics and behave in much the same way, except they are directed by OPCOM instead of being random.

3. Friznit

8 Nov 2014 Administrator
    Edited 9 years ago by Friznit

You might also consider blacklist FOBs from the Objectives if you want to prevent them being completely lost (not entirely realistic of course). OPCOM will attempt to recapture high prio objectives but it's not proactive - as in, it won't spot enemy threatening an objective and move to defend it before it's taken.

An alternative approach is if you see enemy threatening a location you could use Player Resupply to call in some AI reinforcement into the area. That would have the same effect.

4. Cheers guys :)

Yeah I think if the AI commander was improved so they made sure their base and surrounding area was secure. FOB's can get lost and re-taken, fair enough, but I'd like the HQ to be the very last thing to take, so that there's an end to the mission and you can't just sneak to their base, take out the forces there are ruin their attacks.

How about an optional HQ module? Where you can state a distance from the module where any enemy contact becomes the priority for the OPCOM? So if the opponent launches a full-scale attack on their HQ they pull ALL their forces back to make a last-stand. This could also replace the auto-finding of a HQ location for Military Logistics, as the current system can be a little hit and miss.

Just some ideas, keep up the good work! :)

or Sign Up to reply!