Sangin Civ placement

1. 7 years ago

Ok so I've tried everything and cant seem to get more than a handful of ambient civs to spawn and have come to the conclusion that the version of Sangin I am using isn't indexed fully! Does anybody have a fully indexed version or can point my in the right direction as to how to index my current one. Don't quite get the Wiki on it.

Ta muchly dudes

2. Are you using the A2 version or A3 version? Use the A2 version.

On that map I like to put two Civilian Placement modules down, set to Extreme and "Do Not Filter" for both filtering options. That last part probably being your answer. The map may have mostly low priority Civ buildings so use the Do Not Filter options.

3. hhmmmm not sure which I'm using!

Ye I have 2 Civ Plac down both as you suggest with no joy

4. If it says something like Sangin2 and includes Sangin Winter, that's the right one.

Just curious how you are determining how many civs are on the map? I find the best way for me is not by debugging the modules but to teleport around the map using the 'activate marking units' option in the commander tablet looking for purple squares on the map.

Are you blacklisting them too much? I generally just make small markers around my base(s) and only use those to blacklist, while leaving TAOR blank.

5. That's exactly what ive done Hero.

From what you have said I'm using the wrong one. Pretty sure I'm using Sangin WIP. I'm DLing A2 v as I type.

Cheers pal you are a star. :)

6. That's gotta be your answer. :)

No problem. Probably my favorite map in the game.

7. Not tried FATA yet but that looks pretty nice too. Is there a specific version of that to use?

8. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22057

Make sure you download ASCZ map fixes and only use AiA. There will be no sound on the map if you use CUP Terrains.

FATA is one of my favorite maps too. I'm working on releasing a mission on it as we speak. Bare in mind there are a ton of hills and valleys and AI can occasionally have a hard time following you over certain terrain. But barring that you'll love it.

I'd recommend placing some random camps either manually or via the military objective module outside of the main urban area to keep the outskirts interesting. As well as custom objectes on the smaller villages. A lot of nothing on that map otherwise.

If you want to see the one I have going let me know and I can probably get you something tonight or tomorrow (requires a lot of mods).

9. roger cheers dude

or Sign Up to reply!