1.60 Increase/Decrease in profile spawns?

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So across the board, my initial profile spawns have increased or decreased by about 20-30 profiles on mission start. I'm using a profile counter in the debug console.

I've balanced these missions for months and have kept a close eye on this, but with the BIS/ALiVE/CUP updates, initial profile spawns have changed a lot.

Reshmaan for example has gone from 87 OPFOR to 105. Takistan has gone from 75 to 100. FATA used to average 45 and just loaded with 21. BLUFOR is up or down too. I'm not sure what happened.

Has anyone been counting profiles from before and after the update seeing anything odd? Perhaps CUP defined some object that ALiVE is recognizing and causing groups to spawn at or maybe the /author error is mucking with mission initialization? Initial mission load time seems like it hitches now and I bet that error is causing that.

Anyway, this is a bit surprising. And I don't have any vanilla missions to test with because I'd need one I had decent grasp on profiles from before the updates.

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I also want to add, something wonky is definitely happening on mission start regardless. I've had to remove my mission compete trigger (which was set to end my missions once all OPFOR is dead) because all of my missions "complete" on mission start now.

EDIT: So I'm leaning towards mission initialization issues again caused by startup errors (similar to the issues Highhead helped me with that we narrowed to to duplicate civ placement modules and ARP2 errors). There are times at mission start where my BLUFOR units will only spawn 5 profiles now. LOL! I have them set to spawn around 70. I'm sure this is just related to some errors so I'll just wait a few days for everyone to get their mods updated.

or Sign Up to reply!