Questions: MSO Type Missions

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by oksmantv

Hello I'm Oksman and I'm part of the group Guerrillas of Liberation. We've been interested in your fine work on ALiVE and we want to open up our own multi-session server with this fabulous mod.

I do however have some questions regarding the use of Alive and how certain options can be accessed and changed.

My first question is regarding the servers, our dedicated server is setup with headless client, the headless client has turned our Enemy AI into skilled marksmen and efficient thinkers, essentially the efficiency of enemy troops have tripled from our changes with headless client. They react quicker and are deadly foes in CQB. The Problem that we've been having using Alive is the settings for our Server and the use of ASR_AI, on the server without headless client, the AI simply don't have any sting in them at all, they shoot into the ground and do messy things, again not really relevant to the skill settings in Alive but rather the use and availability of headless client. So how would one enable headless client with Alive?

My second question is more relevant to the in-game experience, the End-game of the Alive missions, how does one complete the mission and essentially win? Are there any notifications when you've destroyed enemy HQ or if all the enemies are dead? Or are there simply no win conditions and Alive only creates units until the unit count drops to 0 (Company - 100, platoon - 60 etc.)

My third question is more related to external mods other than Alive, we've been using the RHS Escalation pack and I've tried selecting the option of spawning these units. I changed this through the modules, Military placement and Military AI Commander. The Military Placement changes were only to the "Force Faction" option, and default being OPF_F it was then changed to rhs_faction_vdv.

The Military AI Commander options were changed from drop-down selection from default NATO to NONE and the Override Factions option was changed to rhs_faction_vdv. I tried starting the mission up and it wouldn't pass the loading screen, I read somewhere about waiting an extra amount of time, yet after 20 minutes it still didn't load in.

I had to restart my game through ALT-F4 and then launch it up again, second try again same issue, and I tried changing it back to standard AAF/IND_F faction and it ran without issues. What am I doing wrong?

Fourth question! TL;DR reached. I love the C2ISTAR module, it obviously allows missions to be continued throughout automatic assignments and tasks, however with some testing specifically on Zargabad, I had numerous issues with the task assignments as they were all located at the same position. For example, Pick up troops, drop troops were at the same location. I believe I didn't have a BLUFOR (Player faction) commander and units setup as it was supposed to be players vs AI only. Am I doing it wrong?

Also another note on the C2ISTAR, I'm not sure but I don't know if the functions for intelligence works, when I spawn in there's no available intel about enemies, their zones and positions are gone, I do remember seeing these zones before, but now I don't seem to get them anymore. Which means that our guys go in blind :) Am I setting it up wrong possibly?

That's all the questions I have for now, I'm looking forward to using this mod to do multi-session operations within our group, thanks for all the time and effort put into Alive!

Regards
    OksmanTV - GOL

2. I believe the C2ISTAR intelligence feature is broken as there have been a few people posting about it not showing up.

or Sign Up to reply!