Sabotage - Auto Tasked

1. 7 years ago

Hello, In my messing around I have notice that the sabotage task never wants to complete. Task is created, go to the position, place charges down (have place 10 at one point), and the shed will not blow up thus not allowing for the mission to complete. I must be missing something, right?

dub

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

It's possible the object the task wants you to destroy doesn't actually have a destroyed version. Meaning, it probably can't physically be destroyed in the game, making the task impossible to complete.

Tasks such as this one will fail a lot on Arma 2 maps.

So you have a few options. 1. You can either manually delete the task in the tasks portion of the commander tablet, and move onto the next one. 2. You can blacklist that task from showing up completely:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Custom_Blacklists

3. You can request your own tasks from now on by turning auto-tasking off or 4. You can play on Altis or Stratis where most of them *should* work just fine.

3. Got it thanks!

4. Edited 7 years ago by thedubl

Oh, I wanted to mention that I am using the Tanoa map. This was just a after thought since you mentioned A2 maps. It might be nice to remove objects that do not have a "destroyed" version from the task(s). Just a thought.

dub

5. The problem is that a lot of Tanoa buildings can't be destroyed in general, making that task (and Assymtric Insurgency missions as well) pretty out of the question on that map.

I agree that that in general, C2ISTAR can use some more love. Though I'm encouraged seeing as we have two new tasks now!

I'd say for now, just use the blacklist option I linked or just manually select your own when you get a feel for which ones work well and which ones don't on the map you're using.

From my experience, most of the offensive ones such as destroy patrol, destroy vehicle, HVT etc seem to work well enough on all maps. Clear the town fails a lot, as does the transport troops and destroy insurgent HQ tasks so I'd avoid those unless you notice them working well on Tanoa.

6. Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

dub

or Sign Up to reply!