Restrict curator (Zeus) from spawning virtualized units

1. 7 years ago

Hi there ALiVE community!

I tried to do some searching beforehand but finding decent keyword combos is easier said than done :)

Has ALiVE team given some thought for restricting the Arma 3 curator (Zeus) from spawning virtualized units?

Personally I'd see it only as good addition since with Zeus having the ability to move around freely, the player playing as Zeus is constantly spawning units on the map and then again de-spawning those units when leaving the set spawn radius and this can't be too good for the (multiplayer) server performance.
    Of course it is possible to create camera and editing area restrictions but that takes some tedious work at least for large scale scenarios.

Also another difficult issue comes when designing scenarios where all the players are on the same faction/side and you'd want to restrict Zeus from being the all-seeing eye for everyone.. but you really can't.
    Ok, it is possible to make Zeus faction sided but this still doesn't restrict Zeus from spawning virtualized units (after which Zeus can just track every enemy troop movement in everywhere on the map).

IMHO adding an option where the mission makers could select how ALiVE virtual AI system reacts to curator players would solve the aforementioned problems and maybe some other too at the same time.
    But is anything suggested here achievable with somewhat ease??

2. Friznit

27 Nov 2016 Administrator

Pretty sure that's not possible. Zeus curator is a player and afaik there's no way to differentiate a player in a regular unit vs a player in a curator unit.

3. What about if you would be able to "flag" players by using their "Variable Name" or something the like to make ALiVE not take such flagged players into account (and simply ignore them)?

I understand that how it is now is meant to be for the better part but a little room to breath wouldn't do much harm.

If anything then here's a suggestion for future development of ALiVE that it could have such option available to make the mod ignore players at mission maker's decision.

or Sign Up to reply!