Promoting to leader via commanders tablet

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Asmodeus

Is ALiVE team aware that when promoting a player character to be the leader of an AI squad via the commanders tablet the player is placed as last the last soldier of that group. This style of "commanding from the rear" has one undesired outcome: the group formations (column, wegde and so on) won't function as they should.
    No matter if the player has a lower or higher rank than the current AI squad leader, he/she will still get placed as the last one of that group.

The player should be placed as the first soldier of the group that he/she is being promoted to as a leader, otherwise the whole "promotion" functionality is there to break immersion more than anything else.

2. ARJay did the group functions.
    Not entirely sure if you can actually control the group layout like that, I would think the code just takes the selected unit and runs set leader on them.

I guess the only solution would be to entirely reconstruct the group, but would have to make sure the tablet interface doesn't throw a fit.

3. ARjay is gone for sometime now or for good then?

What might be the probability that ALiVE team would take a look if something could be done about the matter at hand?

4. Edited 7 years ago by Asmodeus

Just tested: indeed if one wants to make the player to be the first soldier in the group one needs to make the AI soldiers to join the players group one by one via the Personnel screen. Not the most convenient way to achieve what needs to be achieved.

The thing is that with the mission I'm currently designing I can't just give a commanders tablet to every player* since it completely diminishes the need to have a human player acting as high command for the soldiers on the ground and diminishes the need for doing all the logistics etc. tasks for them.

*so that the players could then use military logistics to request AI groups for themselves

or Sign Up to reply!