more players, more problems

1. 6 years ago

The more people playing on our groups dedicated server, the more things seem to break...

The setup... at least ones that I think have a bearing on how ALiVE may perform...

Operation Landlord

Alive
    ACE
    ASR AI
    Ares - Achilles expansion

If there are 1-3 players, things seem to work just fine. As the player count goes up from there, things start breaking down. Missions cant be completed because specific targets are nowhere to be found. I can cheat in Zeus and see that there are no targets remaining. Player generated missions are hit or miss. Some times they appear, some times they don't. I've checked server logs and performance and it doesn't look like we are throwing any fatal errors and the server isn't wilting under pressure. I cant explain it. more people = more problems.

Is Landlord in need of some module updates?
    Is ACE and the way it handles kills causing weird things to happen?

Very frustrated. I prefer ALiVE to all others but in terms of keeping things moving, it gets to be such a headache and my players get put off by the problems.

Is there an update or alternative to Landlord that I can get my hands on to see if the problems can be resolved?

2. Is Landlord in need of some module updates?

I'd assume so. If I find some time I'll open the mission and freshen up the modules and stuff. This seems to be a popular mission and could probably use a quick once over.

or Sign Up to reply!