Tracking number of missions successfully completed

1. 6 years ago

So, I got this idea for making an "end game" to the ALiVE scenario I made.
    But the idea I have requires me to keep track of the number of missions that the players team has successfully completed. Is there a way to do this?
    Some sort of variable that ticks up each time or a ticket system?

2. Also, I am wanting to use a weapons shop script I found and in the install instructions it says:
    "Note: If you use AIs in your mission, make sure to add the required line in the file where you spawn AIs

// For units, _unit is the AI unit
    [_unit] call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;"

Where would I put this if i am using ALiVE? I saw in the forums where SpyderBlack723 showed someone how to do an action on an NPC death by placing some code in the description.cfg and a custom script. Could this be called in the same way somehow?

3. Don't think there is any way at the moment to track number of completed C2ISTAR missions.

For your second post, http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Adding_Custom_Inits_to_Spawned_Units

4. Hmm. That might be a useful function to add at some point.

Thanks for the link.

5. Edited 6 years ago by Elvisman

Would there be a way to track when a mission is completed?
    What i had in mind was to have players earn mission points for each mission they successfully complete. Those mission points act as currency to be used in the shop to purchase weapons and what not.

The other way would be for me to add the points when an enemy unit is killed. But, I would rather it be based off the missions to give mission completing a more compelling reason to do them and complete them.

6. Edited 6 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Right now there is no external way to track mission completion unless you manually keep track of tasks as they are added and when they are removed (probably not even possible).

7. ah well.

or Sign Up to reply!