Artillery module with synced editor units question.

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by Pyrodox

This is just a question on the artillery module using placed editor units that are synced to the module.

I've tried placing 3 units, grouping them, then syncing the leader to the module and setting the variables in the leader units init line, setting the variables in all the units init lines, syncing all the units in a group, syncing them as separate units with the same callsign set in the init lines,maybe a couple other methods I can't recall at the moment.

Anyway, what I'd like to do is have a battery that reacts the same way a module-created battery does, but be able to place the units at specific points in the editor and doStop this; the units so they don't drive into "formation" and out of the position they start in. While I've gotten them to go where I want, the group I have synced with the module will not fire as a battery. Only the leader unit fires. The only other thing I can do is separate them into three. Separate individual units, but then they don't Fire the number of rounds selected in the support tablet when I select it (for instance a single unit will fire 1 round if I select 3) and I'd rather not have three separate batteries you must control individually.

Can anyone provide any information on what I might have to do to get the subordinates of the group leader of the placed/synced units to fire in battery with their commander?

2. Friznit

6 Jan 2015 Administrator

It's not possibly to sync groups of units to Combat Support callsign - same was as you can't sync a group of helis to a single CS callsign. We cheat slightly to spawn a group of 3 vehicles with the regular method. Just a limitation of the way it's coded an no easy workaround, sorry!

or Sign Up to reply!