MultiSpawn MHQ question

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by Pyrodox

I've had a script working for some time, in my initServer.sqf I simply called a BIS_Fnc_Loop to add a loop named "mhqUpdate" which checks if various vehicles are alive, and if they are do a setMarkerPos on the corresponding marker for that group, if they're not alive, move the marker to the faction spawn marker (all named under the ALiVE multi-spawn naming conventions).

This allowed me to in essence create a different MHQ for each group I place in the editor for the mission.

Recently, though, it's stopped working. I'm not quite sure why, I had done an update on the missio. That didn't change any code regarding the markers for spawn points or the loop script, I trird reverting back to the prior changed and still no go.

I can see the markers are still being updated by the loop, and watch as they follow the MHQ around the map, but MultiSpawn always spawns me back at the original spot the marker was in, regardless of where the group re spawn markers currently are.

I'm not sure why it was working earlier then stopped. Is there anything that would make the MultiSpawn module not recognize the markers after they've moved from their original position?

Currently I've just disabled MultiSpawn and I'm using a setPos on the players to move them to the markers in onPlayerRespawn.sqf but I'd like to be able to use MultiSpawn in the future should it become more robust and allow fallback through more modes (IE spawn on squad with enemy check, if squad is not alive, spawn on squad MHQ [group respawn marker moved my MHQ script], if no marker available spawn on faction marker, respawn_west, etc).

2. I'm having a similar issue. Just yesterday my multispawn in building was working fine, but now it spawns the players where the module is instead.

3. I'm also having a problem in the Multispawn arena. I have respawn working, but I can't seem to get a unit to respawn in a vehicle. It is a NATO unit, and when I try to name a vehicle "ALIVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_RESPAWNVEHICLE_BLU_­F" I get the error "Invalid variable name!" which prevents me from naming the vehicle. I've been following the ALIVE wiki and youtube tutorials, but I'm still coming up short.

Any help would be appreciated.

4. highhead

10 Jan 2015 Administrator

Strange as there hasnt been an update inbetween!

try to sync the vehicles comrades!

or Sign Up to reply!