arty accuracy problems

1. 6 years ago

Having difficulty getting any reliable accuracy out of the Combat Support Module placed artillery. I'm using the Takistan map, & the RHS_M252_WD asset in the Combat Support (Artillery) sub module. I'm not placing a real asset on the ground, just using the module itself for position. I've tried using the standard BIS arty too with the same results : - when a shell/barrage is called it arrives ~50-100m off target. Same for laser guided rounds. I've tried to make sure that the module is over suitable ground (flat as possible) & according to the Com Sup interface the target is well within range. Each time I test the mission the shells land off target, but with a similar random offset, that then remains consistent for the remainder of that game. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

2. Edited 6 years ago by SavageCDN

I'm thinking it might be map related... easy to test - try the same mission on Altis and see if they are still inaccurate. Please let us know what you find.

3. Hi & thx for reply. Cut & pasted the whole mission into fresh Altis map, and I'm experiencing the same difficulty, rounds offset by consistent distance but random direction. Stumped!?

4. Hmmm... can you try using vanilla arty assets? Classname is like B_Mortar_01 or something.

5. Tried using the BIS Nato "B_T_Mortar_01_F". Same effect (if anything slightly further off target). Very puzzling, had it working well with the IFA mod stuff...?

6. Tried the B_Mortar_01_F on it's own too. Seemed to be on target when I placed the module on the flat (airport), and fired at a target also on the flat (other end of airport). Noticed that when I moved the CS Arty module that the reported pitch, roll, and yaw varied according to the terrain underneath (as you'd expect), but that even mircoscopic changes made a vast difference in the impact point (0.005 degrees misses by 130m for example). Is there something up with the module's self levelling maybe? Standard editor placed copy of mortar unit hits spot on everytime when used by human player..

7. Well the module just spawns in the assets so I can't imaging they would be offset at all. So in your test when the module is on a flat surface it's OK but if it's off at all the rounds are inaccurate? Could you provide a repro mission using just CBA and ALiVE?

With IFA when I was trying out the CS module I ran into the problem of when the mortar unit rotates to fire at the target the mortar itself falls over and the AI unit jumps out of the mortar.

or Sign Up to reply!