@AliveServer conflict with @Arma2NET

1. 9 years ago

I'm currently using @Arma2NET with another mod of mine (particularly the Python AddInn) and I just noticed a conflict with @AliveServer that causes issues.

A workaround I did is to remove @Arma2NET and put the Python AddInn in @AliveServer and use that with my mod, and it seems to work fine and Alive persistence and War Room also still works.

Now I know that this is highly unrecommended, but I would very much like to use both @AliveServer and @Arma2NET (or at least something similar for my own mods).

So what I would like to know is what are your plans with regards to resolving this conflict? Or is the resolution going to be done on @Arma2NET's side with the release of it's major new version?

2. Tupolov

14 Jan 2015 Administrator

Good point, to be decided.

We had originally planned on using A2Net as a stop gap until we could implement a Linux compatible extension. This is on hold for now, so we do need to review our use of Arma2Net.

Your approach is fully supported, however, might break once the new Arma2Net version is released (we use a slightly customized version).

We will most likely just support adding our plugin to the Arma2Net install.

or Sign Up to reply!