Map Indexing failing (due to dewrp?)

1. 6 years ago

@marceldev89 Couple of options here.

1 - Try switching the indexing module to Windows 7 or 10 mode
    2 - Try running the DeWrp command without redirecting to a file and check if the output contains anything meaningful

DeWrp.exe -O "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Tembelan Island\Addons\Tembelan.pbo"

3 - Try running the DeWrp command with redirection to a file and check if the file contains anything meaningful

DeWrp.exe -O "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Tembelan Island\Addons\Tembelan.pbo" > "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tembelan\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\objects.tembelan.sqf"

4 - Verify that you're using the DeWrp version provided on the wiki (that one is known to work and I don't think DeWrp is still distributed by Mikero as a free tool)

Should have stated that I guess, running W7. Tried anyway, DeWrp still failed to start, log didn't mention running a command though on W10 indexing (that intended?)

I tried running DeWrp through the command without redirect, it spat out the intended output, of objects and their locations it seems.

Tried redirecting to the file, and I notice the file ended short. Which was rather peculiar to me. I tried running it a few different times and it would always run short.

I followed the wiki to a T, so I know the DeWrp tool I have is from the wiki.

I DID end up getting it to work however. After realizing that DeWrp was ending the file short, I tried to delete the file and try again, but it wouldn't let me delete it until I closed the CMD window (even though I had pressed any key and was at yet another prompt.)

What I found out is, that after DeWrp claims its done in CMD and to "press any key", you have to press a key 3-4 times (I chose enter) before it'll finish writing out the file, which is confirmed by seeing " //closing wrp...done " at the end of the objects.map.sqf file.

After that running the map indexing at the map screen again brought me to object categorization. I did run into the bug however where a particular section/list doesn't complete/terminate properly as well. Would be nice to see that fixed as after categorization I was lucky that the thing that didn't terminate failed right at the "." so I knew from the above entries that it was probably the file extension and termination of the entry.

In the end, the map got indexed however planes like to spawn in the middle of air-strips and not everything is registering as it should in theory, however I'll probably just have to keep experimenting with the indexing process to see how to improve it. Not blacklisting/marking h-barriers and walls though helps to keep the list a little smaller, and hopefully if small enough, safe from the early termination bug as well.

@HeroesandvillainsOS I realize this isn’t useful but maps can be within the !Workshop folder, just make sure to define the path properly in the module (!Workshop\@map\blah...)

I always use @ALiVE from the Arma root though.

I figured that would have worked, however when nothing was working I was making absolutely sure that everything was in optimal straits.

---

Still can't get DeWrp to run at the map screen, but at least I found a working solution to my problem. Thanks for your suggestions and replies!

2. @FwuXi Should have stated that I guess, running W7. Tried anyway, DeWrp still failed to start, log didn't mention running a command though on W10 indexing (that intended?)

I tried running DeWrp through the command without redirect, it spat out the intended output, of objects and their locations it seems.

Tried redirecting to the file, and I notice the file ended short. Which was rather peculiar to me. I tried running it a few different times and it would always run short.

I followed the wiki to a T, so I know the DeWrp tool I have is from the wiki.

I DID end up getting it to work however. After realizing that DeWrp was ending the file short, I tried to delete the file and try again, but it wouldn't let me delete it until I closed the CMD window (even though I had pressed any key and was at yet another prompt.)

What I found out is, that after DeWrp claims its done in CMD and to "press any key", you have to press a key 3-4 times (I chose enter) before it'll finish writing out the file, which is confirmed by seeing " //closing wrp...done " at the end of the objects.map.sqf file.

After that running the map indexing at the map screen again brought me to object categorization. I did run into the bug however where a particular section/list doesn't complete/terminate properly as well. Would be nice to see that fixed as after categorization I was lucky that the thing that didn't terminate failed right at the "." so I knew from the above entries that it was probably the file extension and termination of the entry.

In the end, the map got indexed however planes like to spawn in the middle of air-strips and not everything is registering as it should in theory, however I'll probably just have to keep experimenting with the indexing process to see how to improve it. Not blacklisting/marking h-barriers and walls though helps to keep the list a little smaller, and hopefully if small enough, safe from the early termination bug as well.

I figured that would have worked, however when nothing was working I was making absolutely sure that everything was in optimal straits.

---

Still can't get DeWrp to run at the map screen, but at least I found a working solution to my problem. Thanks for your suggestions and replies!

Would you be willing to share the indexing? I know there are people wanting to be able to use this map with Alive. I have completely wasted a day of my life trying to do this. Was hanging up on Generating Sector Data, moved the scripts\x folder as directed in the wiki, and now baretail shows 3 No speaker given for posts after generating sector data post. Not sure if this is a normal hang up or not. But now while waiting I have noticed that the scripts\x folder is missing from the mission folder, after following the wiki to the letter. Frustrating to say the least.