Map Indexing failing (due to dewrp?)

1. 6 years ago

I've been working a few days now to figure out why I can't get map indexing to work. I've followed the wiki to the letter, but have been running into a brick wall.

I've ensured BattlEye is disabled in the launcher.

I've ensured all AV software is disabled during the process.

I've ensured that ALiVE and the map are both in the Arma 3 Base directory and that I've loaded them and not the workshop versions in the launcher.

I've made sure that ALiVEClient.dll and alive_object_blacklist.txt are in the @ALiVE folder.

I've got Mikero's tools on my drive, unblocked, and made sure the directory they're contained in has been added to the PATH variable, tested by running dewrp.exe --help in cmd.

I've downloaded the "scripts" and ensured they're at C:\Users\*username*\My Documents\Arma 3 and even C:\Users\*username*\My Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\*Game name*

I start the game with CBA_A3, ALiVE, and the map loaded, battlEye disabled, and that Enable File-Patching is checked in the parameters section of the launcher.

After the game gets to the menu, I use BareTail to monitor the rpt file.

I goto the editor, select the map, load in, place down an ammo bearer and map indexer module (configuring it to the pbo of the map as related to the Arma 3 directory.)

I save the game as index.

I load into the game.

I open the map, zoom all the way out, and initiate the map indexer.

It fails.

rpt logs:

18:02:18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starting indexing for Tembelan map
    18:02:18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Creating a list of objects (excluding blacklist)
    18:02:18 CallExtension loaded: ALiVEClient (D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\ALiVEClient_x64.dll) [・ナCヨ)ヒBsロナC]

18:02:18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> There was a problem, exiting indexing: ERROR with deWrp

log.txt in the @ALiVE\indexing folder logs:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starting Map Index for tembelan on 2018-02-03 18:07:51
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pathToMap: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Tembelan Island\Addons\Tembelan.pbo
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> root: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> folder: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> logfile: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tembelan\log.txt
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> indexfile: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tembelan\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\objects.tembelan.sqf
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> parsedIndexfile: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tembelan\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\parsed.objects.tembelan.sqf
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> blacklist file: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\alive_object_blacklist.txt
    Executing deWrp: cmd.exe /c DeWrp.exe -O "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Tembelan Island\Addons\Tembelan.pbo" > "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tembelan\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\objects.tembelan.sqf"
    deWrp Error

Aside from the logs being relatively unhelpful (not stating what the error is other than theres a "problem") I try running the command the log.txt file tries to run and it completes without error, I press the up arrow key upon seeing "Press the ANY key" promt, and tab back into Arma, nothing happens, try to initiate map indexing again and the game crashes with a systemException.IO.IOException; logs to rpt

Exception code: E0434352  at FCD9A06D
    cpu:  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    graphics:  D3D11, Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    resolution:  2560x1440x32
    Addons:
    [...]
    Mods: A3;curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;jets;argo;orange;tacops;dlcbundle;dlcbundle2;@ALiVE;@Tembelan Island;@CBA_A3
    Distribution: 0
    Version 1.80.143869
    Fault time: 2018/02/03 18:40:30
    Fault address:  FCD9A06D 00:FCD9A06D Unknown module
    file:     index
    world:    Tembelan
    Prev. code bytes: 00 89 4C 24 38 48 8D 4C 24 20 FF 15 33 02 03 00
    Fault code bytes: 48 81 C4 C8 00 00 00 C3 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90
    =======================================================

I'm at a loss of what to do, and would appreciate any assistance someone could provie.

2. Well this was my first time. And I chose a big map. But I found it a few days ago, flew around in Eden, and once I saw the layout, I knew this was a perfect map for ALiVE. And when I saw it was not indexed, but the guy who started this post didn't appear to have a working index, I decided to get stupid and try. Setup was a pain, but it all now seems to be working nicely. I may try to tackle some other ones! Thanks for you help. I hope this is a success!