Question about a few ALiVE functions

1. 4 years ago

Hey all, I’m very new to scripting in ArmA and have a few questions about using Alive functions and where to put code snippets. All of the following pertain to a local SP mission with local saving:

1)Is there a way to call playerNameSpaceClear outside of the debug console? I’d like to have it happen with my endmission trigger so that next time I play the mission after completing it, it starts over.

2) How can I preserve a task state in persistence? I’ve seen threads about making variables that are saved so I guess I could save a variable and activate the task via trigger, but I’m not sure where to put the code for saving or getting the variable state when the mission starts.

3) Is there a way to save editor placed units in persistence without profiling? My mission gives you control of a Mechanized platoon and i want to save their status but don’t want OPCOM take over their control. I assume editor placed units will respawn when I launch the mission so that’s not so bad, but saving their location would be nice.

Thanks!

2. Alright managed to answer the first question just by putting the call line in my mission end trigger and it worked perfectly. So that’s settled. I’ve come up with a couple more questions:

I created a copy of the AAF with new group compositions (got rid of 2 man groups and the large AA teams in mechanized units). First issue was when I tried to export the faction, I kept getting an error message. I worked around this by just renaming AAF in the orbat creator and that worked. They spawn appropriately and the debug radio messages refer to them by my new faction identifier so that’s all good. But how can I get them to show up in C2ISTAR menu? In the module placement in editor I can specify them for auto generated tasks, which works. But in game I can’t manually generate a task against them because they don’t appear in the C2ISTAR menu. I changed the faction name, plus I don’t see AAF twice so i don’t think they’re just showing up as AAF in the menu.

or Sign Up to reply!