10+ Minute Loads for Previewing the Quickstart Guide's Example?

1. 9 years ago

[deleted]

19 Feb 2015
    Deleted 9 years ago by Tupolov
  2. Friznit

20 Feb 2015 Administrator

Oops. Accidentally deleted the user when nuking some spammers - sorry! Please can you repost?

Given what the title says, I imagine something is wrong with your ALiVE install. It should be pretty quick to load that mission (less than 2 mins normally)

3. Edited 9 years ago by PillowTalk

As I had posted before, I just followed the example, plopped some things down, synced them (making sure they weren't grouped) and then hit the preview button; it took ages to get into the game.

Messing with it again, and it's now sometimes loading it pretty quick (it shows me standing on the map and I can take a step or two) then the loading screen pops back up. Sometimes it just hangs the game entirely. I have no other mods other than the CBA running.

4. ARJay

24 Feb 2015 Administrator

If you can post your RPT in a pastebin it would be easier to debug

5. Actually, with the new version put up it works good now. It took just 3 minutes and it's actually fairly smooth on the FPS.

6. I also had the 'walk two steps then reload' happening. I think it was just to do with some other (non-ALiVE) assets and code not loading correctly (hindering but not preventing). Also, the biggest cause is likely filters for the Placement modules - try to reduce the amount it has to selectively "hunt" for objectives and it seems to load quicker.

My concern is that I've only just populated the south-eastern tip of Altis and am getting long load times. That is without civilians and only 4 platoons and a couple CQB towns. I want to fill-in the entire map with active areas, so this load time at the early-stage does not bode well.

I've heard that because the only "active" areas are those in proximity to the players on the server, the inactive areas are not a problem. They will not be "processed" (cause load upon the server) unless players enter their area right?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to run the Headless Client either. This would help with reducing server load and improving the AI. But getting it to work is beyond my knowledge and experience currently, and my server is a VPN so I'd have to run the HC from one of my own PCs. Tutorials in Arma3 community are rarely straight-forward "for dummies" versions.

or Sign Up to reply!