Are reinforcements newly spawned, or are they drawn in from other areas?

1. 9 years ago

Hi,

Just want some clarification regarding reinforcement spawns.

I've read the wiki, but I'm still not sure about it. Say for example I set the Reinforcement Pool to 200. Are 200 new units are being spawned to replenish it? Or are the units being drawn in from the numbers present elsewhere?

Another way to put it: Are the reinforcements being drawn in from a global pool (for example a pool of 1000 units linked to their AI Commander. Losing 200 units means 1000 - 200)? Or are they added to the global pool (1000 + 200)?

Pretty important to know this, as it could have quite an impact to be able to deplete an enemy-dense area by making them reinforce other areas.

2. ARJay

24 Feb 2015 Administrator

The logistics force pools are the entire out of theatre reinforcement pool for the faction.

The settings on military placement modules etc are the in theatre force levels and are not effected by logistics request.

So using your example above it's 1000 + 200

3. Friznit

25 Feb 2015 Administrator
    Edited 9 years ago by Friznit

Worth noting that they are technically replacements. So in truth it's 1000 - 200 + 200! AI won't get anymore forces than he started with.

You can of course divert enemy by attacking high prio objectives and forcing OPCOM to send groups to retake them, and interdict his logistics convoys to force him to a standstill

or Sign Up to reply!