spawning module compositions mid mission

1. 6 years ago

Hi guys,

so i'm very new here and just started playing around with Alive as i really wanted to be able to have one faction begin later in the mission. For example there may be a task that needs completing before the player faction OPCOM begins.

I had fiddled with the pause commands as posted on this forum without any success and so decided to take a new approach, which (to my great surprise) seems to have worked better than i possibly could have expected.

Create your Opcom setup and sync to whatever you want (i had an opcom, mil placement with defined TAOR and logistics module) then save this as a composition in eden. When your desired insertion time has approached you can use the composition spawner by Larrow (https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/191902-eden-composition-spawning/ ) to spawn the compostion. the OPCOM then creates the objectives and spawns soldiers mid way through the mission!

if you have given your opcom a variable name you can then sync this to enemy modules you wish to attack using the synchronizeObjectsAdd command (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/synchronizeObjectsAdd ).

now i must point out i have only just tried this and got excited so thought i would post here if anyone is interested, but im sure there will be bugs to come with this method. Below is the code i had in my init to test this, blu_f opcom spawns 120 seconds after Alive initialises.

hint "start";

waitUntil {sleep 120;!isNil "ALIVE_profileSystemInit"};

hint "go";

_compReference = [ "aliveModules", getMarkerPos "marker_2", [ 0, 0, 0 ], 0, false, true ] call LARs_fnc_spawnComp;

_myObjectInstance = missionNamespace getVariable ["spawnedOP" , objNull];
    _enemyObjectInstance = missionNamespace getVariable ["enemyOP" , objNull];

_myObjectInstance synchronizeObjectsAdd [_enemyObjectInstance];

hint "done";

I am going to see if this will work with triggers.

or Sign Up to reply!