Unwanted saving of editor placed units

1. 4 years ago

I’m having an odd problem that I can’t seem to get to the bottom of or find a good workaround. I have a mission I designed for SP with the player in command of a mechanized platoon using High Command. The platoon units are all editor placed and consist of two rifles squads and a few APCs. My problem is that the APCs appear to be affected by persistence in an unwanted way when saving. My goal was for the platoon to respawn whenever I reloaded the mission so the player would always start with full support. However if the APCs get destroyed, when I start the mission I have a crew with no vehicle that spawns where the APC died.

I confirmed that infantry groups work as intended. I can kill off an entire friendly squad but when loading the mission they are right back at base. I’ve tried various methods of respawning the vehicles before save and exit with no change in outcome. I tried turning off the garbage collector but that didn’t help either. The vehicles are definitely no sync’d to the virtual AI module and the module is set to virtualize only sync’d units. If I just order the unit to move, but don’t let it get destroyed, it properly spawns at base. Only a destroyed (or damaged enough to get the crew to bail out) vehicle fails to respawn. I would’ve thought that all editor placed units would spawn in as if starting the mission fresh, but ALiVE definitely seems to be doing something to these vehicle based units.

Anyone have thoughts on how to keep these vehicles from being logged by the save function or any better way to get them to spawn at base when loading the mission?

2. Ah, seems like player logistics was commandeering my vehicles. I added "this setvariable ["ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS_DISABLE",true];" to their init and now they spawn on mission load as expected.

or Sign Up to reply!