Crazy question... can you run any of the ALiVE mods on a Managed Virtual Dedicated Server?

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by ADLewis1975

I have a managed VDS running ArmA 3 through NFO Servers. I prefer the managed server platform, however would like to be able to use some of the great functionality that comes with ALiVE such as Player Combat Support and Spawning. Is it possible to run ALiVE without using a (un-managed) dedicated server?

2. Friznit

16 May 2015 Administrator

ALiVE is a mod like any other so if you can install mods, then yes (exactly the same way as other mods like RHS, ACE3 etc).

It gets trickier if you want to use War Room for persistence, because you're on a shared IP and need to install dll's on the server. Several people have had issues with NFO servers trying to do this. However, the regular ALiVE stuff will work fine.

3. Thank you for the reply! Very appreciated.

Yes, I have not been able to get it running on NFO Servers. Will keep trying though.

4. Make sure you are not running @aliveserver mod on your server (unless you sign up for War Room account). Otherwise I see no reason why regular ALiVE missions wouldn't run on NFO servers.

or Sign Up to reply!